Carnival Modifies & Cancels Cruises!

Old February 23rd, 2010, 08:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Default Carnival Modifies & Cancels Cruises!

[Default] Thus spake "*muz*" :

"Barbara Brown" wrote in message
: When are people going to read their contract and see that the cruise
: lines have the option of changing ports. You are not guaranteed any port
: call. This happens all the time in hurricane season. If you want a
: specific port, do a land vacation.
:
:
: On 1/27/2010 3:03 PM, wrote:
: Thanx Ray,
:
: To bad for my neighbor that was on the Jan 16th sailing. ;-(
:
: They were scheduled to go to Ocho Rios& Grand Cayman...ended up in
: Nassau.
:
: While they made the most of it, many folks that had arranged
: 'Private' Shore Ex, Weddings and other such side affairs were SOL.,
: and very PO'ed. Stuff Happens...
:
: But I feel the CCL was well aware of the problems in advance and folks
: "should" have been given the option to cancel their trip.... despite
: what the TOC says...
:
:
: Stephen in FLL-----Home of the Pro Bowl and Super Bowl 44....geech..
: the traffic already sux ;-)

I would REALLY like to know what kind of "wedding" arrangements Carnival
Cruise Lines "propose" to the cruising public.

We just returned from Port Canaveral, off the RCCL FREEDOM OTS, prior to
learning from the groom, himself, that as previously arranged, all wedding
members were scheduled to board the Carnival SENSATION ship at 7 AM for the
wedding nuptials, then required to return back to their hotel and re-board
at the regularly scheduled afternoon boarding time! We had breakfast with a
very confused wedding party. What, not even offering a celebratory
breakfast "bagel reception" onboard? g

Who has heard of such a disjointed arrangement?

Um, how could that happen? BCP has to clear the ship before anyone
can come on board, which sure won't happen before 7. Every wedding
party I've seen usually boards around 10:30 or 11:00 with guests
sailing on the ship already checked in (but with nowhere to take their
fancy clothes). And guests not sailing usually have to be off by 90
minutes prior to sailing.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

I love my country, It's my government I fear.

Hey, turnabout's fair play.
Old February 24th, 2010, 02:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
*muz*

"Dillon Pyron" wrote in message
: [Default] Thus spake "*muz*" :
:
:
: "Barbara Brown" wrote in message
: ...
: : When are people going to read their contract and see that the cruise
: : lines have the option of changing ports. You are not guaranteed any
port
: : call. This happens all the time in hurricane season. If you want a
: : specific port, do a land vacation.
: :
: :
: : On 1/27/2010 3:03 PM, wrote:
: : Thanx Ray,
: :
[...]
: --
:
: - dillon I am not invalid
:
: I love my country, It's my government I fear.
:
: Hey, turnabout's fair play.

I stand by what we heard and saw of the wedding party. By 9 AM, wedding
party and guests of the couple were dressed in wedding clothes eating at
Joe's Tiki breakfast bar at the Comfort Inn in Cocoa Beach on the morning of
Sunday, Jan 31, 2010, except the bride, who went to change out of her gown.
They had just returned from the ship, were told they were to re-board at the
standard time of embarkation. When they boarded the transfer bus from our
hotel at 10:30 AM, they had all returned back to street clothes. Believe
it, or not. I thought they were, at first, pulling our leg before we talked
to them, again, later while boarding our own transfer van.