How far in advance does Southwest post fares and schedules?

Old August 13th, 2008, 02:42 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected][_1_]

Default How far in advance does Southwest post fares and schedules?

Hi all

I am looking at booking a flight for myself and my family for cruise
out of LA in February. I would like to fly out of my home airport CPR,
but the fares are more than I want to spend. May fly out of DEN and if
so I go with Frontier or Southwest. Not sure what Frontier fees are
like for baggage, but I know that Southwest has none. That is good, as
we sometimes check more than one bag (one with casual clothes and one
with dress clothes). Just wondering went they will publish fares and
schedules for February.

Thanks in advance
M. Graham
Old August 13th, 2008, 03:41 AM posted to rec.travel.air
LVTravel[_2_]

Only Southwest knows. I'm waiting also. Their schedule up to January 9 was
posted June 26th. They normally only post out between 5 to 7 months but
hoping for any day now for March.

Old August 13th, 2008, 05:11 AM posted to rec.travel.air
bucky3

On Aug 12, 6:42 pm, " wrote:
Just wondering went they will publish fares and
schedules for February.

I don't think they have a set rule for that. So you just have to keep
checking.
Old August 14th, 2008, 02:22 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Brian[_1_]

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:42:24 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Hi all

I am looking at booking a flight for myself and my family for cruise
out of LA in February. I would like to fly out of my home airport CPR,
but the fares are more than I want to spend. May fly out of DEN and if
so I go with Frontier or Southwest. Not sure what Frontier fees are
like for baggage, but I know that Southwest has none. That is good, as
we sometimes check more than one bag (one with casual clothes and one
with dress clothes). Just wondering went they will publish fares and
schedules for February.

Thanks in advance
M. Graham

I had checked their website yesterday because we are looking for
flights in Feb. also. There was an announcement saying that they were
planning to open it on August 21 but that it was subject to change.

I can't find that announcement today.

Old August 14th, 2008, 04:32 AM posted to rec.travel.air
jessica_smith_nyc

Usually within 6 months of the flight.......try in September

---
http://www.moviesitearchive.com/travel

Old August 14th, 2008, 08:25 AM posted to rec.travel.air
rerj37

wrote in message

May fly out of DEN and if
so I go with Frontier or Southwest. Not sure what Frontier fees are
like for baggage,

I flew DEN-SFO this week and was charged $25 for the second checked
bag.
Old August 14th, 2008, 03:09 PM posted to rec.travel.air
LVTravel[_2_]

wrote in message

May fly out of DEN and if
so I go with Frontier or Southwest. Not sure what Frontier fees are
like for baggage,

I flew DEN-SFO this week and was charged $25 for the second checked
bag.

Since Southwest hasn't changed their baggage policy in over a year you must
fall into this last posted category (overweight):
http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/baggage.html

"Baggage Allowance: Beginning January 29, 2008, Southwest will allow two (2)
checked pieces of baggage per ticketed Customer. Size and weight limitations
apply.

Excess Baggage: Effective January 29, 2008, you may check a third bag for a
charge of $25. Your 4th through 9th bag or item will incur a charge of $50
per piece, and any bag or item thereafter will be $110 per piece.

Effective March 1, 2005, overweight items from 51 to 70 pounds will be
accepted for a charge of $25.00 per item."

Old August 14th, 2008, 11:04 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Brian[_1_]

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 21:22:03 -0400, Brian
wrote:

I had checked their website yesterday because we are looking for
flights in Feb. also. There was an announcement saying that they were
planning to open it on August 21 but that it was subject to change.

I can't find that announcement today.

I found it.

"We are currently accepting air reservations through January 9, 2009.
On August 21, we plan to open the schedule for purchase through March
6, 2009. This date is subject to change. Please check back
frequently."

Old August 21st, 2008, 10:42 PM posted to rec.travel.air
LVTravel[_2_]

wrote in message
Hi all

I am looking at booking a flight for myself and my family for cruise
out of LA in February. I would like to fly out of my home airport CPR,
but the fares are more than I want to spend. May fly out of DEN and if
so I go with Frontier or Southwest. Not sure what Frontier fees are
like for baggage, but I know that Southwest has none. That is good, as
we sometimes check more than one bag (one with casual clothes and one
with dress clothes). Just wondering went they will publish fares and
schedules for February.

Thanks in advance
M. Graham

Southwest is not out until March 6, 2009.