OT Broadband Free Wi-Fi in Benidorm

Old November 30th, 2010, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,rec.travel.misc
David[_16_]

Default OT Broadband Free Wi-Fi in Benidorm

Further to my previous posting I have now found out that the Hotel Melia,
Benidorm will charge me 12 euro 24 hours. ie about £10 !
For a week looks like £70.
Anyone stayed at one of the Melia/Sol group hotels and can confirm this is
the normal level they charge?
Is it possible I miss understood it being a daily charge, and it is for 24
hours total use spread over a few days or week?

I have got from Google that the local Council provides free wi-fi in Elche
Park, Plaza Triangular, Town Hall Square and the Plaza Neptuno, not found
out their locations yet but believe they are in the areas of local people
rather than the hotel areas for visitors. I would expect bars and
resturauts might well provide Wi-Fi free for the price of a drink or meal or
maybe MacDonalds but as I'm on all inclusive at the hotel won't be doing
much of that outside.
Many thanks
David

Old November 30th, 2010, 12:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,rec.travel.misc
The Natural Philosopher[_2_]

David wrote:
[...]

If you don't pay it to them it will go on your Euro-tax bill anyway as
we commit to bail out Ireland, Portugal,Spain,Greece.....
Old November 30th, 2010, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,rec.travel.misc
Pete Zahut[_2_]

David wrote:
[...]

I don't know why you're surprised at a charge of 10 quid for 24 hours. Here
in the UK, Jury's Inn Hotels, Ibis and Holiday Inn amongst a lot of others,
all charge 10 quid per 24 hours - and just to confirm, it is a 24 hour
period. The clock starts ticking as soon as you make the initial connection
and expires 24 hours later.

Enjoy the holiday and forget the internet!!!! :-)

Old November 30th, 2010, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,rec.travel.misc
David[_16_]

"Pete Zahut" wrote in message
I don't know why you're surprised at a charge of 10 quid for 24 hours.
Here

in the UK, Jury's Inn Hotels, Ibis and Holiday Inn amongst a lot of
others, all charge 10 quid per 24 hours - and just to confirm, it is a 24
hour period. The clock starts ticking as soon as you make the initial
connection and expires 24 hours later.

Enjoy the holiday and forget the internet!!!! :-)

Thanks Pete, I no doubt then done very good with my hotel bookings here at
home as all have had free internet connections, as well as the small and
friendly hotels I have used in Spain.
Regards
David

Old December 3rd, 2010, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,rec.travel.misc
R. Mark Clayton

"Pete Zahut" wrote in message
David wrote:
[...]

Maybe he just want to keep up with the cricket...

Just as in the UK there will be plenty of places with free w-fi if you buy a
coffee or a beer.