Well, we're off to Alaska...in July of 2005!

Old August 18th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Linsifer

Default Well, we're off to Alaska...in July of 2005!

According to my husband, it's waaaaay too early to start getting excited about
our family cruise to Alaska almost a year away. HA! That's what he thinks! Half
the fun is in the planning, ya know.

We booked 8 cabins on the NCL Star sailing out of Seattle roundtrip for July
31. So far, there will be 21 of us. There could be more who want to join us
down the road. Our daughter and her cousin will celebrate milestone birthdays
on board. She will become a teenager and he a pre-schooler. Fun for all! :-)

One thing that makes this even sweeter is that I'm getting my berth for FREE
(except for port charges and taxes.) So, instead of applying that to air like
we SHOULD be doing, we decided to upgrade to a balcony. It will STILL be less
than our original obstructed cabin! I owe it to myself as the "family cruise
coordinator".

I also want to say that the TA we are booking it with is none other than the
infamous John Szeto. Last year I decided to put my annoyances aside and give
him a chance. So, I booked my daughter and son-in-law's honeymoon cruise with
him and it went just fine. And, recently when my family asked me to look around
for some reasonable rates and for someone who wanted to book a small group
cruise, John came to mind. You know, I figured with all his persistence there
had to be something there. And, there has been. He has gone the extra mile for
us. He even suggested the ship and beat the discounters like VacationsToGo. I'm
glad I decided to give him a chance. I'll let you know how it went a year from
now! He knows that I command only the best service.

Lindsay

Old August 18th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Chrissy Cruiser

On 18 Aug 2004 00:34:19 GMT, Linsifer wrote:

According to my husband, it's waaaaay too early to start getting excited about
our family cruise to Alaska almost a year away. HA! That's what he thinks! Half
the fun is in the planning, ya know.

We booked 8 cabins on the NCL Star sailing out of Seattle roundtrip for July
31. So far, there will be 21 of us. There could be more who want to join us
down the road. Our daughter and her cousin will celebrate milestone birthdays
on board. She will become a teenager and he a pre-schooler. Fun for all! :-)

One thing that makes this even sweeter is that I'm getting my berth for FREE
(except for port charges and taxes.) So, instead of applying that to air like
we SHOULD be doing, we decided to upgrade to a balcony. It will STILL be less
than our original obstructed cabin! I owe it to myself as the "family cruise
coordinator".

Good for you, L. Good for you. Have a blast; preparing is almost half the
fun.

I also want to say that the TA we are booking it with is none other than the
infamous John Szeto. Last year I decided to put my annoyances aside and give
him a chance. So, I booked my daughter and son-in-law's honeymoon cruise with
him and it went just fine. And, recently when my family asked me to look around
for some reasonable rates and for someone who wanted to book a small group
cruise, John came to mind. You know, I figured with all his persistence there
had to be something there. And, there has been. He has gone the extra mile for
us. He even suggested the ship and beat the discounters like VacationsToGo. I'm
glad I decided to give him a chance. I'll let you know how it went a year from
now! He knows that I command only the best service.

Szeto may be an asshole but that doesn't mean he can't be a good TA. Look
at Leppla.

LOL

Old August 19th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"Linsifer" wrote in message
According to my husband, it's waaaaay too early to start getting excited

about
our family cruise to Alaska almost a year away. HA! That's what he thinks!

Half
the fun is in the planning, ya know.

Great, Lindsay! It is NEVER too early to get excited about a cruise... I
think so far, Alaska and the Mediterranean have been our favorite
destinations!! If you have never been to Alaska, you are really in for a
treat... It is absolutely beautiful!
It is wonderful that you are going as a family..the excitement and wonder of
the children will make it even more special and there will be grand memories
for all...I'm so happy for you!

--Jean

Old August 20th, 2004, 01:01 AM
Linsifer

Thanks, Jean, I think it will be a wonderful time to gather the whole family
together in such a beautiful place. I know my husband's parents are looking
forward to spending time with their 5 sons and families. We know that there
might not be the chance in years to comeas they're getting up there in age with
some health issues.

Lindsay