Can someone tell me where this place is?

Old April 5th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Jeepers

Default Can someone tell me where this place is?

In article ,
Carlos Guerrera carlos at puzzlecorp dot com wrote:

http://www.classicquill.com/image2.jpg

Yeah, I'd like to know too. But I suspect, unless someone has actually
SEEN this place, would they know.

Old April 5th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Carlos Guerrera

Can someone tell me where this place is?

http://www.classicquill.com/image1.jpg

http://www.classicquill.com/image2.jpg
Old April 5th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Turby

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 10:46:10 -0500, Jeepers
wrote:

In article ,
Carlos Guerrera carlos at puzzlecorp dot com wrote:

http://www.classicquill.com/image2.jpg

Yeah, I'd like to know too. But I suspect, unless someone has actually
SEEN this place, would they know.

What disturbs me about the photos is that it appears that someone
blasted holes in the reef for a boat access and two swimming pools.
Perhaps it'ss just a sandbar, but I'd like to know more.

Turby the Turbosurfer
Old April 7th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Ken Tough

Carlos Guerrera wrote:

Can someone tell me where this place is?
http://www.classicquill.com/image1.jpg

Somewhere in the Maldives, maybe?

--
Ken Tough
Old April 8th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Fred

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 09:28:39 -0700, Carlos Guerrera carlos at
puzzlecorp dot com wrote:

Can someone tell me where this place is?

http://www.classicquill.com/image1.jpg

http://www.classicquill.com/image2.jpg

This was so easy to find that I can only assume its SPAM
http://www.southtravels.com/asia/mal...ves/index.html
http://www.mal-dives.com/rangali-hilton/

I just need to take a look at the map to see how these beautiful
islands have been turned into a tourist ghetto. Dozens of islands
destroyed by foreign money.
http://www.mal-dives.com/resorts/map.html
Little tourist ghettos which have replaced the culture of the islands
with the Hilton-culture (make every place look the same incase someone
notices that other bits of the world are different!).

The description of the Sunset Water Villas at
http://www.hoteltravel.com/maldives/...htm#Facilities
shows so many luxury facilities INSIDE that it really doesn't matter
where they are. The guests are going to be watching the 44" TV from
the 2,5m bed and will probably give the nature a quick glance an d go
'yeh, nice, where's the champagne'.
The *******s who killed off living reef should be fed to the sharks.
This criminal damage has been caused to let these stinking rich idiots
show off to their equally brainless friends .. probably without
appreciating the damage that has been caused to give them a quick
thrill.

The fish feeding sessions descibed here make me sick.
http://groups.msn.com/ScubaExchange/maldives.msnw
Unbalancing nature for the sake of a buck and a cheap thrill.
THAT IS NOT WHAT TOURISM IS ABOUT.
Old April 9th, 2004, 01:58 AM
Carlos Guerrera

Thank you and by the way, it was not SPAM. I really did not know where
this place was. What made you think it was SPAM?

Old April 14th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Ken Tough

Fred wrote:

The *******s who killed off living reef should be fed to the sharks.
This criminal damage has been caused to let these stinking rich idiots
show off to their equally brainless friends .. probably without
appreciating the damage that has been caused to give them a quick
thrill.

True. The local people might not realise how much they're
destroying their future and heritage, but those with the bucks
that tempt them should either know better or be constrained
by others that do. It's easy to blame a poor country for
exploiting its resources, but we 'rich' ought to put our money
and values where our 'mouth' is and make sure the money goes to
them for correct things, like eco-friendly use of reef and tours.
If every developed-country resident who thought the existence of
a rainforest was worth $5 a year to them personally, directed
that actual amount to the owners of the rainforest, then it can
economically have some intrinsic value above arable land.

Anyway, this is a lot like the blocks of Fijian 'living rock'
that are chiselled off reef and sold in aquarium shops in the
states. Read more, act more, he

http://www.reefguardian.org

--
Ken Tough