Calabrity Galaxy trip report (South Caribbean)

Old March 11th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Byron Holston

Default Calabrity Galaxy trip report (South Caribbean)

We didn't get flippers either. They usually don't 'allow' them when
swimming with the turtles. The guide who was in the water with us, had
them, but he was the only one.

One thing though. I scanned the negatives/slides for the pics on my web
site. They usually have a lot more color and detail than what's on the
prints! In this case, there was a big difference!

"Jaime A. Cruz" wrote in message
Byron Holston wrote:
I'm not sure.... I didn't do anything special. I was using one of

those
cheap Fuji underwater cameras.

You were probably able to get closer to them than I was, then. On our
excursion, we didn't get FLIPPERS and it wasn't easy snorkeling in that
current trying to keep up with the turtles and getting close enough for
a photo...

--
Jaime A. Cruz
Secretary

Old March 12th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Hai Pham

Bryon,

The pictures are very beautiful. What camera did you use?

Thanks

Hai Pham
"Byron Holston" wrote in message
link.net...
I was happy to share. It's too hard to keep quiet when you have that much
fun.
There are some pics here if interested:
http://www.holstononline.com/cruise2004/
Not the best pics, but I was rushing when scanning and posting. I'll go
back and clean them up one of these days.

"Jeff Coudriet" wrote in message
The Galaxy was our first "real" cruise, and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
Sounds like you did too! Thanks for sharing your trip review with us.

Jeff

Old March 12th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Byron Holston

Mostly Minolta bodies, sigma lenses and Provia 100 slide film. Some shots
were on Kodak 400HD print film and about 20 shots were from a Canon G1
digital camera!