travel suggestions for provence?

Old November 15th, 2004, 10:00 PM
eric zwicky

Default travel suggestions for provence?

greetings,

my family and i will be at st lary-soulan in the haute pyrenees to
watch a stage of the TdF this summer. we'll be there for four nights,
after which i'm thinking about the following:

collioure for four nights, then somewhere in vaucluse or the auvergne
for a week, then fly out of lyon.

does anyone have suggestions for a cottage or small family-run hotel
for a week in vaucluse ot auvergne? our two children will be 10 and
13 when we are there. my wife and i are happy to relax with
small-town people, and just absorb the local life. the kids have fun
swimming, bike-riding, and exploring nature. the ardeche gorge looks
interesting, as well as avignon, orange, ad nimes. my son and i
would like to see mont ventoux. are all those places within a few
hours' drive of one another?

as far as collioure, any suggestions for s small hotel on, or very
near, the beach?

many thanks in advance,

eric zwicky
wallingford, pa
usa
Old November 21st, 2004, 05:55 AM
JuanElorza

eric zwicky a écrit :
greetings,

my family and i will be at st lary-soulan in the haute pyrenees to
watch a stage of the TdF this summer. we'll be there for four nights,
after which i'm thinking about the following:

collioure for four nights, then somewhere in vaucluse or the auvergne
for a week, then fly out of lyon.

does anyone have suggestions for a cottage or small family-run hotel
for a week in vaucluse ot auvergne? our two children will be 10 and
13 when we are there. my wife and i are happy to relax with
small-town people, and just absorb the local life. the kids have fun
swimming, bike-riding, and exploring nature. the ardeche gorge looks
interesting, as well as avignon, orange, ad nimes. my son and i
would like to see mont ventoux. are all those places within a few
hours' drive of one another?

http://www.residences-vacances.com/S...Le_Rouret.html

Small houses, swimming pool, many sports and nature activity (canyoning,
tree adventure, climbing), some night animation, near the Ardèche
Canyon. Mainly French, Dutch, some British. You'll need a car.

Old November 21st, 2004, 06:09 AM
JuanElorza

eric zwicky a écrit :
greetings,

my family and i will be at st lary-soulan in the haute pyrenees to
watch a stage of the TdF this summer. we'll be there for four nights,
after which i'm thinking about the following:

collioure for four nights, then somewhere in vaucluse or the auvergne
for a week, then fly out of lyon.

Excuse me, English reference there :

http://www.maeva.com/scripts/fiche_p...B&id _ofr=142
I spend 2 weeks there, simple, clean, friendly.

Old December 5th, 2004, 07:19 PM
JuanElorza

eric zwicky a écrit :
[...]

Not far from Collioure, convenient for parens with kids.
http://www.val-vacances.com/cadre.asp?barcares=ete

Old December 12th, 2004, 07:23 AM
JuanElorza

eric zwicky a écrit :
[...]

I just received this new catalogue, summer reservation is open :
Near Collioure : Banyuls, Cerbère, Argeles :
http://vacances.franceloisirs.com/cg...LON&SAISON=E05
Provence :
http://vacances.franceloisirs.com/cg...NCE&SAISON=E05
http://vacances.franceloisirs.com/cg...E05&COD H=320
Don't know if they have an Engligh/American version of their site.
I satisfactorily rented an appartment some year ago through this
organization.

many thanks in advance,

eric zwicky
wallingford, pa
usa

Old December 29th, 2004, 08:11 AM
joelle joelle is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric zwicky
[...]

Bonjour,
Still searching for a beautiful place to stay in Vaucluse? Visit our B§B inn (2 double bedrooms and a family room/studio), a beautiful provencal farmhouse situated in Luberon(Vaucluse) near the town of Apt (and everything you can't miss in Provence) at the address:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/masdesbaussiers

Happy new year !
Joelle