Sydney 29/2 & 1/3

Old February 11th, 2008, 12:47 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
John H

Default Sydney 29/2 & 1/3

Is there something special on Friday 29th Feb & 1st March in Sydney CBD?
I tried booking hotels and they are all top rate on those two days, even on
the discound sites
Anyone know Why?
JohnH

Old February 12th, 2008, 04:40 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
David Bennetts

"John H" wrote in message
Is there something special on Friday 29th Feb & 1st March in Sydney CBD?
I tried booking hotels and they are all top rate on those two days, even
on the discound sites
Anyone know Why?
JohnH

See he

http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/W...?EventID=19499

Regards

David Bennetts

Old February 13th, 2008, 08:33 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Kerry

"John H" wrote in message
Is there something special on Friday 29th Feb & 1st March in Sydney CBD?
I tried booking hotels and they are all top rate on those two days, even
on the discound sites
Anyone know Why?
JohnH

See he

http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/W...?EventID=19499

Regards

David Bennetts

I was recently in Melbourne for the Melbourne Cup. The hotels close to the
city were asking top dollar. So we stayed in Geelong where prices were
normal and took the fast train to the city for the day at Flemington.

During the Mardi Gras in Sydney, the CBD and Eastern Suburbs would be
popular places to stay. Check out the prices of hotels at suburbs close to
the city like Cronulla, Strathfield, Manly etc. I don't think these places
would be all that popular with the gay crowd compred with the CBD and
Eastern Suburbs.

Old February 13th, 2008, 12:30 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Joseph Coulter[_3_]

"Kerry" wrote in :

Check out the prices of hotels at suburbs close to
the city like Cronulla, Strathfield, Manly etc. I

I don't know I would think that there would be a certain attraction to the
gay crowd for Manly :-) nice beach and get to ride the ferry to the main
drag.

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Old February 13th, 2008, 08:46 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Alan S[_1_]

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 06:30:08 -0600, Joseph Coulter
wrote:

"Kerry" wrote in :

Check out the prices of hotels at suburbs close to
the city like Cronulla, Strathfield, Manly etc. I

I don't know I would think that there would be a certain attraction to the
gay crowd for Manly :-) nice beach and get to ride the ferry to the main
drag.

Great spot to stay, and the same thought occurred to me:-)

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Slovenia
Old February 13th, 2008, 11:55 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Joseph Coulter[_3_]

Alan S wrote in
:

wrote:

"Kerry" wrote in :

Check out the prices of hotels at suburbs close to
the city like Cronulla, Strathfield, Manly etc. I

I don't know I would think that there would be a certain attraction to
the gay crowd for Manly :-) nice beach and get to ride the ferry to
the main drag.

Great spot to stay, and the same thought occurred to me:-)

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Slovenia

Actually I remembered Manly fondly from my R and R from Viet Nam back in
71. I was very pleased to return last year and discover that it still has
some of the charm, though not totally, that it had back in the day. My wife
who had heard so much and kept telling me to not expect much was impressed
as well.