Disembarkation Times and Luggage Locations

Old December 12th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Larry Simon

Default Disembarkation Times and Luggage Locations

Do any of the big cruise lines separate their systems for assigning
disembarkation times and luggage location?

I was just thinking about past cruises when all the people getting off at
one time (i.e. the "orange" tickets) were crawling over each other in the
same small area of a huge luggage hall. Why not spread this out in a way
that would spread the crowds a bit.

Not a big issue but one that would make a lot more sense.

Any cruise lines listening?

Old December 12th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Larry Simon wrote:

Do any of the big cruise lines separate their systems for assigning
disembarkation times and luggage location?

I was just thinking about past cruises when all the people getting off at
one time (i.e. the "orange" tickets) were crawling over each other in the
same small area of a huge luggage hall. Why not spread this out in a way
that would spread the crowds a bit.

Not a big issue but one that would make a lot more sense.

Any cruise lines listening?

The only cruise line that does a good job with disembarkation is
Disney. I seem to remember that you could disembark when you wanted
to. All your luggage is together, they arrange it by cabin number.
Other cruise lines should learn from Disney!

sue

Old December 12th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Dick Goldhaber

I know that HAL uses the "color code" system, but whereas on Statendam class
ships luggage was collected at 2AM, on our recent Westerdam cruise it
appeared that the luggage was collected as it was tendered by the
passengers, and no attempt has ever been made to sort the luggage beyond by
tag color.

One of the things to keep in mind is that while the ships continue to get
larger, the piers do not.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old December 12th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Charles

In article , Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:

The only cruise line that does a good job with disembarkation is
Disney. I seem to remember that you could disembark when you wanted
to. All your luggage is together, they arrange it by cabin number.
Other cruise lines should learn from Disney!

I had a pretty fast disembarkation this morning from Jewel of the Seas.
It was the usual color coded method. They did it a little different
than before.. They put a form in the room and you got to request the
color you wanted in advance. The only faster one I have had was on
Carnival doing the self assisted disembarkation. On that you don't put
you bags out. You just walk off the ship with all your bags. No piles
to look through.

The main thing to do with your bags for color coded disembarkations and
for airports is to put distinctive stuff on them that makes them easy
to pick out in the piles and at the airport.

--
Charles
Old December 12th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

wrote:

[...]

Welcome back Charles, can't wait to hear about your cruise!

We did pretty good when we disembarked from the Conquest in New
Orleans. The differece with Disney was that all your bags were
together and they had porters waiting to take you to your luggage.
Just had to give them your cabin number and they knew where your bags
were.

sue