Top 5 European cities?

Old June 7th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Giacomo discover.it

Default Top 5 European cities?

Brussels over other cities that I have visited such as Venice, Paris,
Dublin, Amsterdam, etc. To me, it's sophisticated without being
pretentious. It's not overtly touristy.

Of course it is not. There is absolutely nothing to see there!

Old June 7th, 2004, 03:06 PM
David

Where I would spend my free time...

1. Strasbourg - perfect
2. Prague - pretty though overtouristy
3. Lyon
4. Zürich - nice, but expensive
5. Madrid

London, but its too familiar to me...
Dave
Old June 7th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Arpad

"sbp" wrote in message ...
So, what are your top five European cities?

Venice
Prague
St Petersburg
Barcelona
Paris

Oddly enough, huge megalopolises like London, Moscow, Istanbul don't
make it into the list, although the Kremlin, Hagia Sophia, and the
Tower are among the most recognizable landmarks of Europe.

Arpad
Old June 8th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Miss L. Toe

"sbp" wrote in message
tim wrote:
unless there is some large weighting for quality

of the beer,
anyone who puts Brussels anywhere neare their

top 5 just
hasn't been to enough places to form a

worthwhile list IMHO.

Perhaps you're right and I haven't visited enough places but I still

prefer
Brussels over other cities that I have visited such as Venice, Paris,
Dublin, Amsterdam, etc. To me, it's sophisticated without being
pretentious. It's not overtly touristy. It's a modern city with a taste

of
the old.

Brian

Then you should visit Milan

Old June 8th, 2004, 07:15 AM
Lasse

So, what are your top five European cities?

Wien
Berlin
München
St Petersburg

Budapest, Praha or Barcelona
Old June 8th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Giacomo discover.it

Brussels over other cities that I have visited such as Venice, Paris,
Dublin, Amsterdam, etc. To me, it's sophisticated without being
pretentious. It's not overtly touristy. It's a modern city with a taste

of

the old.

Brian

Then you should visit Milan

Just to find another place where there nothing interesting to see!

Old June 8th, 2004, 11:24 AM
RoScuba

"sbp" wrote:
So, what are your top five European cities?

1. Roma
2. Paris
3. Lisboa
4. Napoli
5. Muenchen

Cheers,
RoScuba
Old June 8th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Miss L. Toe

"Giacomo discover.it" wrote in message

Brussels over other cities that I have visited such as Venice, Paris,
Dublin, Amsterdam, etc. To me, it's sophisticated without being
pretentious. It's not overtly touristy. It's a modern city with a

taste

of

the old.

Brian

Then you should visit Milan

Just to find another place where there nothing interesting to see!

I was thinking more of the OP's desire for something:
'sophisticated without being pretentious' and 'not overtly touristy'

Old June 8th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Lennart Petersen

"sbp" skrev i meddelandet
So, what are your top five European cities?

my top five
1. Stockholm
2. Prague
3. Nürnberg