***GGC2004 24 DAYS**** + Clearing the Air

Old January 1st, 2004, 01:29 AM
Peter Berlin

Default ***GGC2004 24 DAYS**** + Clearing the Air

There is too much inflammatory chatter and erroneous
information being spewed on the E-groups/RTC for me to
respond to or get involved with at this time.

If you have any questions, we can have a mature discussion
at the Marriott or onboard.

See you all Jan 25th 2004 and a HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

Peter & Judy
Your Hosts
THE GGC2004
--
http://ggc2004.com

Old January 1st, 2004, 01:45 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 01:29:34 GMT, Peter Berlin
wrote:

There is too much inflammatory chatter and erroneous
information being spewed on the E-groups/RTC for me to
respond to or get involved with at this time.

If you have any questions, we can have a mature discussion
at the Marriott or onboard.

Yeah, like your near daily GCC advertising isn't a pain in the butt.

Hypocrite.

The Not So Fine Art Of Google
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6
Old January 1st, 2004, 02:30 AM
Lloyd Parsons

wrote:

There is too much inflammatory chatter and erroneous
information being spewed on the E-groups/RTC for me to
respond to or get involved with at this time.

If you have any questions, we can have a mature discussion
at the Marriott or onboard.

Yeah, like your near daily GCC advertising isn't a pain in the butt.

Hypocrite.

He doesn't even come close to 'near daily GGC advertising' -- although
I can assure you if I was a TA and had gotten the bid, I would damn
well be pushing it here.

You don't build an rtc group cruise without someone talking about it.

--
Lloyd

Carnival Tropicale 2000
GGC2002 Carnival Sensation
GGC2003 Golden Princess
GGC2004 Radiance of the Seas
GLC2005 Celebrity Millenium
Old January 1st, 2004, 03:23 AM
Tom & Linda

The first few GGC's had a lot of people talking about them. Including many
people that weren't even going. Even me.

If that isn't the case anymore, then I don't see it as the TA's
responsibility to "push" it. If we're not interested, take that for what
it's worth.

The first few were more unique in that hardly anyone had ever met before.
Now that most have seen one another a few times, it no longer carries the
excitement of a "first date" so to speak.

That doesn't make the cruise any less fun for those who go. But the level
of anticipation may not be what it used to be.

While I was rather disappointed that I couldn't go on the first GGC (since
our kids were in school) I really haven't had any interest in any of the
last few. Except for the core group that goes repeatedly, it's kind of
become a non event for the rest of us who aren't "regulars". I was part of
the SGC this past summer, and even that group didn't generate much interest.

I don't think you can force what's not there.

--Tom

Old January 1st, 2004, 03:38 AM
Lloyd Parsons

In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

[...]

You may not be able to force it, but if it isn't talked about, nothing
happens. Which leads to...

....If the GGC is not being discussed much here, it is because of the
complaints that all too many in this discussion group made about the
talk. So the Yahoo group was formed, and many of the GGCers will only
post there because of the flack they perceive they caught here. As
well as the occasional flaming posts that happen from time to time.

So if the GGC attendees aren't talking it up, how is it to grow? That
is where the TA must come in. They have made a bid and won it based
upon a certain minimum passenger count. That is how they got the
special pricing and perks that were part of the bid. It is in their
business interest to ensure that the attendance meets that minimum at
the very least.

I think that the problem with the GC's is that people are reluctant to
discuss them much here because of the heat some have taken in the past.
I have tried a couple of times to get something going, but it always
dies out quickly because only a very few will participate in the
thread. I literally think the creation of the Yahoo group was the
single thing that reduced the count of those that attend, and took away
some of the excitement about the GGC and other GC's.
Old January 1st, 2004, 03:20 PM
Karen Segboer

Peter Berlin wrote:

There is too much inflammatory chatter and erroneous
information being spewed on the E-groups/RTC . . .

Maybe *THAT* was the reason for the rumors about the
Code Red alert ;-)

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

Old January 1st, 2004, 03:21 PM
Karen Segboer

Lloyd Parsons wrote:

In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

The first few GGC's had a lot of people talking about them. Including many
people that weren't even going. Even me.

If that isn't the case anymore, then I don't see it as the TA's
responsibility to "push" it. If we're not interested, take that for what
it's worth.

I don't think you can force what's not there.

I literally think the creation of the Yahoo group was the
single thing that reduced the count of those that attend, and took away
some of the excitement about the GGC and other GC's.

I've never been on a GGC and I don't think I ever will (just not
interested), but I think that maybe the initial concept has run it's
course. Remember how excited everyone was for the first one? Even
those staying behind wanted to know how it went.

Now, it's a yearly thing and the core group always goes, along with
folks not on this ng who like the bargain of a GGC. To the rest, it's
become a kinda old topic after so many years. Maybe a new slant on
the traditional GGC or a very different ship, itinerary, etc?

Just an opinion and a suggestion ...

Karen

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old January 1st, 2004, 04:02 PM
B D

How do we find the YAHOO discussion group ?

Old January 1st, 2004, 04:10 PM
Lloyd Parsons

In article , Karen Segboer
wrote:

Lloyd Parsons wrote:

In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

[...]

You may be right, all things mature and the GGC as originally setup may
have reached that maturity. I don't claim to know.

What I do know is that there are 2 very good group cruises right now
for January 2005, that are taking reservations from many of the core
constituency of the GGC, including me.

So maybe when the committee is formed and plans are discussed a
different way to accomplish the GGC may come out of it.

Old January 1st, 2004, 04:19 PM
Sue Keenan

Lloyd Parsons wrote:

You may be right, all things mature and the GGC as originally setup may
have reached that maturity. I don't claim to know.

What I do know is that there are 2 very good group cruises right now
for January 2005, that are taking reservations from many of the core
constituency of the GGC, including me.

So maybe when the committee is formed and plans are discussed a
different way to accomplish the GGC may come out of it.

Since most of the 'core' members have already booked cruises for Jan 05,
maybe the time is right for a GGC Windjammer Cruise later on in 2005.

Sue