Miami Pier- Car Rentals

Old May 16th, 2004, 03:30 PM
MrsJamesP

Default Miami Pier- Car Rentals

I know it's been posted here before but if someone could please advise as to
which car rental company has an office at the Miami pier. Also, if someone
would be kind enough to give me instruction on how to do a search of previous
RTC topics so that in the future I could search myself, that would be great
(I'm on AOL). A private email is fine, although there may be others who might
benefit from the information.

Thanks
Mary

Old May 16th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Eileen Garland

Easy way to search is to go to groups.google.com
Select advanced groups search and specify rec.travel.cruises in the
Newsgroup box. There are a tremendous number of posts in this
newsgroup, so try being fairly specific in what you search for.

Avis used to have a rental office at the Miami pier but I don't think it
does any longer. There are pickups and dropoffs at the pier, however.

Eileen

Old May 16th, 2004, 07:06 PM
steve

took taxi to budget office they reinburse about 10 bucks. budget is
maybe 5 minutes in a hotel next to drawbridge downtown.

Old May 17th, 2004, 02:31 AM
Lee

Alamo as of last year had FREE Pickup to the Airport Rental Location. Drop
off is free until 3:00PM.

Old May 19th, 2004, 12:00 AM
fideauxdon

There has not been a car rental location at the port of Miami for at
least a couple of years. Avis used to maintain a location ther, but
they no longer do. Most car rental companies provide transportation
from Miami International Airport.