News On Europe

Old September 24th, 2003, 02:04 AM
Mike Donovan

Default News On Europe

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in message ...
Joey Jolley wrote:

All European cities and cities in Canada such as Toronto, Ottawa,
Victoria, British Columbia, and Montreal are now car-free. Expect
Mexico and South America to follow suit.

Oh? In which alternate universe do YOU live?

Oh no. Madison, Wisconsin and all European and Canadian cities
are going car-free all right and you know it because it is a fact.
Old September 24th, 2003, 02:08 AM

Joey Jolley wrote:

All European cities and cities in Canada such as Toronto, Ottawa,
Victoria, British Columbia, and Montreal are now car-free. Expect
Mexico and South America to follow suit.

Oh? In which alternate universe do YOU live?

Oh no. Madison, Wisconsin and all European and Canadian cities
are going car-free all right and you know it because it is a fact.

Apparently the OP does not live in his alternative universe alone! (How
about something like tangible proof of your insane allegations?)
Old September 24th, 2003, 04:18 AM
Nelson Lu

Joey Jolley wrote:

All European cities and cities in Canada such as Toronto, Ottawa,
Victoria, British Columbia, and Montreal are now car-free. Expect
Mexico and South America to follow suit.

Oh? In which alternate universe do YOU live?

Oh no. Madison, Wisconsin and all European and Canadian cities
are going car-free all right and you know it because it is a fact.

Apparently the OP does not live in his alternative universe alone! (How
about something like tangible proof of your insane allegations?)

Check the addresses; it's the same person (and is the same person who trolls
a good number of other newsgroups as well). He does not deserve a response
and should not be "fed."
Old September 24th, 2003, 04:21 AM
David Nebenzahl

On 9/23/2003 6:08 PM EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) spake thus:

Joey Jolley wrote:

All European cities and cities in Canada such as Toronto, Ottawa,
Victoria, British Columbia, and Montreal are now car-free. Expect
Mexico and South America to follow suit.

Oh? In which alternate universe do YOU live?

Oh no. Madison, Wisconsin and all European and Canadian cities
are going car-free all right and you know it because it is a fact.

Apparently the OP does not live in his alternative universe alone! (How
about something like tangible proof of your insane allegations?)

Clue: both the O.P. and "Mike Donovan" post from Google Groups. The
alternative universe seems to have a population of 1.

--
It's fun to demonize the neo-cons and rejoice in their discomfiture, but
don't make the mistake of thinking US foreign policy was set by Norman

- Alexander Cockburn, _CounterPunch_
(http://www.counterpunch.org), 9/17/03

Old September 24th, 2003, 04:23 AM
David Nebenzahl

On 9/23/2003 6:04 PM Mike Donovan spake thus:

Joey Jolley wrote:

All European cities and cities in Canada such as Toronto, Ottawa,
Victoria, British Columbia, and Montreal are now car-free. Expect
Mexico and South America to follow suit.

Oh? In which alternate universe do YOU live?

Oh no. Madison, Wisconsin and all European and Canadian cities
are going car-free all right and you know it because it is a fact.

OK, folks, time to try a different tactic here.

So I agree with you 100%: Madison, WI, plus all European and Canadian cities
*are* going car-free. And I think that's a good thing.

So what else can you tell us about this phenomonon? I'm all ears.

Old September 24th, 2003, 04:42 AM
Miguel Cruz

David Nebenzahl wrote:
Mike Donovan spake thus:
Oh no. Madison, Wisconsin and all European and Canadian cities
are going car-free all right and you know it because it is a fact.

OK, folks, time to try a different tactic here.

So I agree with you 100%: Madison, WI, plus all European and Canadian
*cities are* going car-free. And I think that's a good thing.

I tried that approach about a year ago. Didn't work. Good luck though.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.
Old September 24th, 2003, 10:11 AM
Mark Hewitt

"Mike Donovan" wrote in message
om...

Oh no. Madison, Wisconsin and all European and Canadian cities
are going car-free all right and you know it because it is a fact.

I thought they were now car free, not going car free. Make up your mind!

Mark
(Working in Newcastle city centre and watching the cars go by)