Carnival Pride Aft Balcony Question

Old February 6th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Jim Follas

Default Carnival Pride Aft Balcony Question

My wife and I have booked an aft balcony cabin(#6262)on the Carnival
Pride next month. We always enjoyed the view from the back and liked
the idea of an extended balcony. After reading more reviews, we've
noticed a few complaints about vibrations and soot on the balcony.
Has anyone had an aft cabin and should I be worried about soot.
Should I bring a broom....?

Thanks in advance for the info,
Jim
Old February 6th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Tom

I had aft balcony on the Spirit and it was great. Yes you will have
occasional soot. We took our room towels and dusted off the furniture or
laid on the towels. Your bare feet will get dirty so use sandals. Most soot
accumulated during the night and we noticed it in the morning. As far as
vibration, I never noticed any more than any other part of the ship. I think
you picked the best side of the ship, more things to see generaly.
Were else can you watch what is happening on two sides of the ship from your
balcony.
om...

Old February 6th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Milli276

we've
noticed a few complaints about vibrations and soot on the balcon

We were on the Pride in July had a balcony rm 8123 forward. The whole ship had
a vibration even while docked although not as much as when sailing. Enjoy your
cruise.
Old February 6th, 2004, 07:55 PM
BRENTSTELL

i have sailed on the Pride in a Midship Balcony cabin, No major virbrations.
I also sailed on the Spirit suite # 6260 & Suite # 4227. I am sailing on the
Legend Mar. 20, 2004 in suite # 6329. I think the rear cabins are the best on
the ship.

Brent
Old February 7th, 2004, 01:23 AM
Linsifer

No, a chimney sweep.

~Lindsay

CC wrote regarding soot on the balcony:

Should I bring a broom....?

Is your wife a witch?

Old February 7th, 2004, 02:22 AM
Cruising Chrissy

LOL.

===========

On 07 Feb 2004 00:23:38 GMT, (Linsifer) wrote:

No, a chimney sweep.

~Lindsay

CC wrote regarding soot on the balcony:

Should I bring a broom....?

Is your wife a witch?

The Not So Fine Art Of Google - Go To Top Of Thread
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6
Old February 7th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Shazinz

I had an aft cabin on the Legend. We didn't have soot. the cabin was awesome.
Bring a bungee cord to keep the door open.

Shaz

Old February 7th, 2004, 12:34 PM
*muffin*

"Shazinz" wrote in message
I had an aft cabin on the Legend. We didn't have soot. the cabin was

awesome.
Bring a bungee cord to keep the door open.

& a magnet to put against the sensor on the door frame,.Some ships have
these sensors which when opened shuts off the air conditioning in the room.
wonderful aft cabins on the legend, my only complaint is there seemed to be
a lot of wind at times(on all our aft cabin stays), but this could be only
the corner cabins that get that.

Muffin has their 4th aft cabin booked

Old February 7th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Bill Warnock

Jim... During Christmas on the Pride... I had a Cat. 11... the very
last one on the port aft side... consequently I can't comment on the
residue from the stacks or whatever. There was some minor vibrations
that I didn't experience when I had a midship booking with her a
couple months before. Heading home we hit some pretty rough seas
which were felt being located in the aft area... which was
understandable... considering my cabin location.

I had a cabin/balcony on the stern of the Star Princess and enjoyed
the change of scenery "riding on the rear".

Also... so far I am very impressed with the Pride and its crew. I
think you will enjoy this vessel.

Best regards

Bill