is 5% off cruise line price a good price?

Old February 22nd, 2004, 07:30 AM
steve

Default is 5% off cruise line price a good price?

Old February 22nd, 2004, 08:38 AM
LES!

"steve" wrote in message

What cruise line, ship, itinerary, month of travel and cabin category?

Personally, I wouldn't consider anything less than 50% off a "good deal".
I'm talking about off of brochure rates.

--

LES!

"It takes the Village People to raise a child. Sometimes you need a cowboy,
sometimes you need a cop, and sometimes you need a big gay Indian."

- Unknown (possibly Dharma & Greg)

a disturbing new study shows that studies are disturbing.

-ellen

===================================

To email me privately, remove your lips from my ass!

Old February 22nd, 2004, 08:47 AM
Thomas Smith

5% off the brochure rate? This is a HORRIBLE price! I've never seen
anything over 50% off the brochure rate, except at Christmas or New Years.

Tom Smith

Old February 22nd, 2004, 09:29 AM
Brian K

I don't think so. I've seen some sales for 20% off and more.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old February 22nd, 2004, 12:28 PM
Lunyma

I'm guessing that the OP is asking about 5% off the quote from the cruiseline.
It needs to be clearer...

Old February 22nd, 2004, 01:02 PM
RWKxxx

check this site

http://www.vacationstogo.com/emailtick.cfm?r=0&s=166
Old February 22nd, 2004, 03:01 PM
Mocha Face

My friend and I booked a category AE guarantee on the Caribbean
Princess, but we got upgraded to a category AA. The brochure rate for
the AA category is $3,369 (not the Early Booking rate, of course), but
we got it for $1,099 because of the upgrade. That is well under
half-price of the brochure rate.

The rate for the AA category in the Early Booking Discount column for
our sailing date is $1,749. I'm very happy with our upgrade and the
rate we paid. I'm absolutely sure there are many people who have
gotten much better deals, but I am satisfied. JJ

Old February 22nd, 2004, 05:26 PM
steve

to clarify i didnt think anyone paid the brochure price. this was for
people who called cruise line and got price cruise only. price was
without taxes and port then 5% off that.

Old February 22nd, 2004, 05:52 PM
Mike Cordelli

5% off brochure rate not good unless it's a specialty cruise. 5% off what
the cruise line is offering as their price probably a much different story.