automotive industry in Brisbane

Old March 26th, 2005, 07:30 PM
David Mccarthy

Default automotive industry in Brisbane

Anyone here involved in the auto industry. We are moving to Brisbane next
Christmas and I'll be looking for a job.

Any advice?

Old March 26th, 2005, 10:29 PM
AlmostBob

Move to Melbourne, Geelong, Adelaide, where they actually build cars

--
_
. ..

Old March 27th, 2005, 01:47 AM
Scotty

Walk down any street and they are handing out jobs like theres noone to do
em, oh, thats right THERE IS NOONE TO DO EM!! Queensland is very very short
on skilled labour and almost every day you hear of someone after another
tradie. Theres 1500 people per *week* commign to South East Queensland and
theres more and more oldies as well. Therefore theres not enough labour to
keep up with demand. Good for the skilled guys cause we can then ask for
more money and usually get a bit more cause the boss cant find anyone else
to do the work. What trade are you in?

Old March 27th, 2005, 05:46 PM
David Mccarthy

I have been with volkswagen for 28 years and specialize in electrical and
performance repair.
u...

Old March 27th, 2005, 06:29 PM
AlmostBob

http://www.volkswagen.com.au and click the find dealers button, there's enuf
in Qld
go via your employer to contact VW You may be able to arrange the same job
as now, before you leave
--
_
"David Mccarthy" wrote in message
I have been with volkswagen for 28 years and specialize in electrical and
performance repair.
u...

Old March 27th, 2005, 06:55 PM

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:30:56 -0500, "David Mccarthy"
wrote:

Anyone here involved in the auto industry. We are moving to Brisbane next
Christmas and I'll be looking for a job.

Any advice?

Post to:

misc.immigration.australia+nz

Cath