Guangzhou airport to Hong Kong?

Old January 23rd, 2007, 03:15 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

Default Guangzhou airport to Hong Kong?

Hi,

What is the best (fastest/easiest) way to get from Guangzhou airport to
Hong Kong (Central)?

Why I ask - I am travelling from Europe to Hong Kong, and there are
better deals and connection times for me if I fly to Guangzhou instead
of directly to Hong Kong.

And is it a big hassle to get to Hong Kong?

Thanks for any info!

Old January 23rd, 2007, 04:13 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Peter Neville-Hadley

What is the best (fastest/easiest) way to get from Guangzhou airport to
Hong Kong (Central)?

Taxi to Guangzhou East railway station and direct train from there to
Hung Hom. Then taxi or KCR/MTR over to Central, or a short walk to a
ferry service directly to Central, and a walk from the newly relocated
pier on that side, or taxi, depending on where you want to go.

Why I ask - I am travelling from Europe to Hong Kong, and there are
better deals and connection times for me if I fly to Guangzhou instead
of directly to Hong Kong.

Don't forget to factor in the cost of a mainland China visa, which must
be obtained before you leave.

And is it a big hassle to get to Hong Kong?

12 services a day, HK$180 one way. It's really easy.

See here for timetable:

http://www.it3.kcrc.com/B2C/UserPage...eTable_Eng.asp

Peter N-H
http://www.datasinica.com
http://peternh.blogspot.com
Old January 23rd, 2007, 11:37 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Spehro Pefhany

On 23 Jan 2007 08:19:40 -0800, the renowned "PeterL"

Hi,

What is the best (fastest/easiest) way to get from Guangzhou airport to
Hong Kong (Central)?

Why I ask - I am travelling from Europe to Hong Kong, and there are
better deals and connection times for me if I fly to Guangzhou instead
of directly to Hong Kong.

And is it a big hassle to get to Hong Kong?

No. Direct train from Guangzhou to HK. You probably need a visa to
China.

Probably a double entry visa (or a second visa procured in HK) if you
arrive and leave via GZ. Most Westerners don't need a visa for HK.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany