Banned From Bidding For Travel

Old January 30th, 2009, 02:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Banned From Bidding For Travel

I'm conviced they sold out. Everythings way too complicated now. I
tried to resign up but have been banned again. I always used AB
link. Yuku is a real loss to the community.
-Sonnie

On Jan 13, 9:42*pm, Peri wrote:
CherylS's query about a low priced hotel in San Diego would normally
have prompted me to refer her to biddingfortravel.com in an attempt to
ascertain what price she could get a room for using Priceline, since she
didn't seem to have a need to stay in any specific hotel. *Not anymore,
however.

Today I was officially banned from the board, with my IP address blocked
not just from posting but from accessing it altogether?

Why? *Well, I'm not 100% certain, but I suspect it is because, while I
was kind enough to report two winning bids recently, adding to the
valuable content on the board, I did not choose to visit Priceline
through the affiliate link from which the administrator receives a
commission. *I chose, instead, to visit through a link that benefits
non-profit organizations, believing my contribution of information,
which is what the board runs on, would be sufficient.

Frankly, I'm astounded. *As those of you who are frequent readers and
posters here know, I have long been a major supporter of the work done
by biddingfortravel, often promoting the site as beneficial for
travelers looking for a way to stretch their dollars most effectively.
And I have posted winning bids whenever I could to help those who came
after me in a particular locale.

Some online research tells me I am not the only one to be banned for not
using the suggested (er, um, make that "mandatory" link).

Guess I would have just been better off to use the information on the
site without adding to it. *That way, no one would have been the wiser.
* Consider it a heads up.

~ Peri

Old February 18th, 2009, 08:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Jan 13, 9:42*pm, Peri wrote:

[...]

someone should give her a call and tell her to go screw, and tell her
husband Simon that his wife is fat.

Sheryl A Mexic
http://www.johnnyjet.com/folder/repo...herylMexic.jpg
5001 Woodway Dr 504
Houston, TX 77056
(713) 552-9562

Old February 22nd, 2009, 11:38 PM
travel guy travel guy is offline
Member

there are probably thoasands of people now banned from bft and have switched to
betterbidding.com

I have also been banned and if there were a way to get a new IP I'd love to hear it. Currently on flyertalk.com there is 6 pages of postings of people who have been banned by Sheryl Mexic. I would hope that people stop supporting her site as she gets $$ from it and it is not user friendly.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 01:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , travel guy
wrote:

there are probably thoasands of people now banned from bft and have
switched to
betterbidding.com

Thousands sounds like an exaggeration. I use both Bidding for Travel
and Better bidding. I think the banning on BFT is obnoxious but when
using Bidding for Travel it would be polite to use their link to
Priceline in thanks for their help.

I have also been banned and if there were a way to get a new IP I'd
love to hear it. Currently on flyertalk.com there is 6 pages of
postings of people who have been banned by Sheryl Mexic. I would hope
that people stop supporting her site as she gets $$ from it and it is
not user friendly.

Most ISP's are using dynamic IP addressing. That means IP addresses are
shared from a pool of addresses. With many ISP's you can change it
simply by turning off or unplugging your cable or DSL modem for five
minutes. Others you have to try turning it off for eight hours. If that
does not work there are several more geeky ways to do it depending on
operating system or router. For those methods I advise you to use
google for info.

--
Charles
Old March 1st, 2009, 02:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tio Pedro

Or one can always use an anonymous proxy service to
view bidding for travel. I was banned for asking Her
Highness a question about bidding assistance on a resort.

The BetterBidding folks have done well by me.