A NEW CRUISE

Old March 3rd, 2009, 01:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default A NEW CRUISE

We finally booked another cruise thru vacations to go,just hope we will
not be sorry we did not use a local travel agent,but ours could not
match their price.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 3rd, 2009, 02:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
uCruiser.com

I don't think you will regret it. We booked with them last summer and they
were very helpful.
I prefer to book directly with the cruise line, but would use VTG again, if
their price is better.

Mike
www.uCruiser.com

.

Old March 3rd, 2009, 03:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"uCruiser.com" wrote in message
g.com...
I don't think you will regret it. We booked with them last summer and they
were very helpful.
I prefer to book directly with the cruise line, but would use VTG again,
if their price is better.

Mike

Why on earth would you prefer to book directly with the cruise line?

Do they track price reductions for you?
Will the notify you if the price drops?
Do they get you upgrades if the price goes down after final payment?
Will they price compare other lines to see if there are any specials before
you book or make final payment?
Will they fight for you if the ship doesn't post the cabin credit to your on
board account?
Will they try to find you the insurance that best meets your needs?

Booking directly with the cruise line seems like one of the more illogical
things you can do.

--Tom

Old March 3rd, 2009, 04:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Tom K" wrote in message ...

[...]

Very true, Tom...I often wonder why on earth people book through the cruise line..They are likely to never speak to the person that they first spoke to at the cruise line, plus all the reasons you gave above. The advice a good travel agent gives you is priceless...It is as if they are afraid that the T/A is going to cost them more by charging for his/her services...That is not true....One saves money by booking through a reliable and knowledgeable travel agent.

--Jean
Old March 3rd, 2009, 10:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

So far have not had our deposit posted on the cruise line,but then
ithasonly been a few days,and when i e-mailed ALAN FOX of VTG he
answered me within 5 minuets,now that is a first for any travel agent we
have used. We will just have to take a wait and see attitude.
Also they have to send our papers thru snail mail,since my little web
does not have a printer.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..