lanzarote car hire

Old September 15th, 2007, 01:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Andrew Carr[_2_]

Default lanzarote car hire

I am looking for a car hire firm in lanzarote (preferably online) which will
allow you to take the car on the ferry to Fuerteventura. as I am thinking a
spending a week on one island and a week on the second

Old September 15th, 2007, 04:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Andrew Carr[_2_]

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 13:35:32 +0100, "Andrew Carr"

wrote:

I am looking for a car hire firm in lanzarote (preferably online) which

will
allow you to take the car on the ferry to Fuerteventura. as I am thinking

spending a week on one island and a week on the second

How about two separate car hires and saving on the ferry charge?
--

Martin

I thought about that but then I need to get myself (and luggage) to/from
ferry and since one of these journeys will be to or from the airport that
means a taxi.

I know most firms allow free pick up at airport but do any have pickup at
ferry?

Plus two hires of a week each will cost more than 1 hire of two weeks.

I was hoping to find one 2week car + ferry charge and see if it was better
value the 2x 1week car +passenger ferry charge +taxi.

Old September 16th, 2007, 09:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Piero

Andrew Carr ha scritto:
I am looking for a car hire firm in lanzarote (preferably online) which will
allow you to take the car on the ferry to Fuerteventura. as I am thinking a
spending a week on one island and a week on the second

I was there for one week 2 years ago.
Very very nice place.
One day (just one) we go in Fuerteventura by our hired car without
problems (except the ferry price...).
My preferences are for Lanzarote...
Fuerteventura has long beaches, but big buildings everywhere, not very
nice for me.
Lanzarote has a plan that forbid big buildings, and all are white
painted, very nice.
If you are a surfer or you plan to stay one week to take sun on a beach
everyday, Fuerteventura is OK, but If you like to visit many different
places and to go on beach everyday, but NOT all day, Lanzarote is far
better.

We hired a car from 'Nova rentacar', an Internet broker that normally
rents cars from Alamo.
Now I feel better with 'AutoEurope', another broker.
You can find both easy with Google.

Lanzarote rentals are cheap, and also gasoline is very very cheap (is a
tax-free Island).

Good Travel.

Ciao, Piero.
Old September 17th, 2007, 10:54 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
amslink

On Sep 15, 1:35 pm, "Andrew Carr" wrote:
I am looking for a car hire firm in lanzarote (preferably online) which will
allow you to take the car on the ferry to Fuerteventura. as I am thinking a
spending a week on one island and a week on the second

Few hire companies allow cars on ferries but there are exceptions,
CICAR (cicar.com) do allow this if you request it when you make the
booking. They also allow Tenerife to La Gomera, incidentally but not
between any of the other islands, don't know why.

If you have a problem PM us and we'll help.

Regards,

Graham
http://www.ams-link.co.uk

Old September 17th, 2007, 02:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Hucklenbroich

Am Mon, 17 Sep 2007 02:54:15 -0700 schrieb amslink:

Few hire companies allow cars on ferries but there are exceptions,
CICAR (cicar.com) do allow this if you request it when you make the
booking. They also allow Tenerife to La Gomera, incidentally but not
between any of the other islands, don't know why.

Most people who visit La Gomera do it via Tenerife, as Gomera doesn't have
its own airport. So it is a very common thing to arrive in Tenerife, get a
rent car and take the ferry over to Gomera.

It is not too common to take the ferry from Lanzarote to Fuerte, as both
islands have their own airport and the typical tourist won't travel between
them (you take the direct flight to the island you want to go to).

For the OP: I would also check the prices for a flight from Lanzarote to
Fuerte. It maybe ends up cheaper than the ferry with the car.

And you can rent cars on literally every corner both in Fuerte and
Lanzarote. And you get a chance to have a look at the car *before* you
rent.

Regards,

Frank