Toilets in China

Old December 23rd, 2004, 06:48 PM
rc

Default Toilets in China

Sorry pals but there is a real problem when it comes to
finding a decent WC in CHina.
And I am talking about the whole of China, from Yunnan to
Heilongjiang, from XIzhang to Zhuhai.
Only African village pits can rival the sanity of
a china toilet.
It comes with the culture, they dont think that the toilet is worthy
of their attention.
Change the thousand year old habits of chinese people!
An impossible task.
rc

Old December 24th, 2004, 04:53 AM

You hit the nail on the head. It is very true. I'd use only the
facility in my hotel and avoid at all cost any other toilet in China.
It is not easy.

Old December 24th, 2004, 04:53 AM

Old December 24th, 2004, 11:39 AM
bobbychayal

rc you seem to be really a sanitary inspector, that's confirmed now. First
it was India and now China both oldest civilisations just not good enough
for u.

Old December 24th, 2004, 11:39 AM
bobbychayal

Old December 26th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Alfred Molon

In article , rc says...
Sorry pals but there is a real problem when it comes to
finding a decent WC in CHina.
And I am talking about the whole of China, from Yunnan to
Heilongjiang, from XIzhang to Zhuhai.
Only African village pits can rival the sanity of
a china toilet.
It comes with the culture, they dont think that the toilet is worthy
of their attention.
Change the thousand year old habits of chinese people!
An impossible task.

By the way, I just came back from China and for 17 days have been
desperately looking for those famous Chinese toilets with no separating
walls where the pig comes out chasing you when you make the big business
(da pian).

All I could find were western style toilets. Finally on one of my last
days in China I found one of those famous toilets (try the public
toilets of the hill with the temple tower overlooking Lijiang). But all
the other toilets I found were western style (except one squat one in a
restaurant in Shanghai). Makes me think that this China toilet stuff is
grossly exagerated.
--

Alfred Molon

http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from Myanmar, Brunei,
Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Germany, Austria,
Prague, Budapest and Portugal

Old December 28th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Tom

I have to admit what you said is very true. BUT the government has
realised this point, now they are doing a "toilet revolution", I believe
when you come to China next time you will have a better experience in
'finding a decent WC' :0)

Old December 28th, 2004, 02:44 PM
judyli

But in great cities of China, public toilets is greatly improved. In
Shanghai, Beijing, there appeared five star WC.

judyli's Profile: http://travelforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=396
View this thread: http://travelforums.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59684
This post was submitted via http://www.TravelForums.org