Mt. Rainier Hotels??

Old October 7th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Ron Pagano

Default Mt. Rainier Hotels??

Does anyone have a suggestion for a hotel/motel near Mt. Rainier?

Our family of 3 is planning a visit next summer and are looking for a
reasonably priced place to stay. We plan to spend most of our time outside in
the park and are looking for a basic, clean place to stay (not too interested
in luxury, spas, etc).

Thanks,
Ron Pagano
Old October 7th, 2003, 11:34 PM
alohacyberian

"Ron Pagano" wrote in message
Does anyone have a suggestion for a hotel/motel near Mt. Rainier?

Our family of 3 is planning a visit next summer and are looking for a
reasonably priced place to stay. We plan to spend most of our time outside

in
the park and are looking for a basic, clean place to stay (not too

interested
in luxury, spas, etc).

There are plenty of reasonably priced motels in Auburn which is less than 20
miles to Mt. Rainier. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old October 8th, 2003, 12:06 AM
Keith Willshaw

"Ron Pagano" wrote in message
Does anyone have a suggestion for a hotel/motel near Mt. Rainier?

Our family of 3 is planning a visit next summer and are looking for a
reasonably priced place to stay. We plan to spend most of our time

outside in
the park and are looking for a basic, clean place to stay (not too

interested
in luxury, spas, etc).

Thanks,
Ron Pagano

There are a bunch of hotels and cabins just outside the park

I stayed at one of Jasmers cabins and it was superb and
excellent value, the highlight was the deer that came
right up to the door, I highly recommend them

http://www.jasmers.com

Keith

Old October 8th, 2003, 02:03 AM
mimi

"alohacyberian" wrote in message
"Ron Pagano" wrote in message
Does anyone have a suggestion for a hotel/motel near Mt. Rainier?

Our family of 3 is planning a visit next summer and are looking for a
reasonably priced place to stay. We plan to spend most of our time

outside
in
the park and are looking for a basic, clean place to stay (not too

interested
in luxury, spas, etc).

There are plenty of reasonably priced motels in Auburn which is less than

20
miles to Mt. Rainier. KM

No,no, who would want to stay in suburban Auburn when going to Mount
Rainier?
There are 2 lodges inside the park, and motels and cabins just outside the
Longmire
gate. Since I live in the area, I don't know much about the accommodations.

Warning: there is still lots of snow at Paradise in early July. The mountain
wildflowers
are at their best in late July and early August. And it may start to snow
again in September.

Marianne

Old October 8th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Walt Tucker

Enumclaw is about the same distance away as some of the cities you
mention, but a little bigger with a better motel selection.

Enumclaw is about 30 miles from the NE entrance to Mt. Ranier (about 20
miles closer than Auburn, which is about 50 miles from Mt. Ranier, not
20). We used to stay in Enumclaw when skiing at Crystal Mtn.

Old October 8th, 2003, 10:44 PM
alohacyberian

"Walt Tucker" wrote in message

Enumclaw is about the same distance away as some of the cities you
mention, but a little bigger with a better motel selection.

Enumclaw is about 30 miles from the NE entrance to Mt. Ranier (about 20
miles closer than Auburn, which is about 50 miles from Mt. Ranier, not
20). We used to stay in Enumclaw when skiing at Crystal Mtn.

The reason I didn't mention Enumclaw, which is 16 miles closer than Auburn
and probably the closest town to Mt. Rainier is that sometimes all their
motels are filled during tourist season and especially during the King County
Fair which is in Enumclaw. KM

Old October 9th, 2003, 02:39 AM

alohacyberian wrote:

The reason I didn't mention Enumclaw, (snip) is that sometimes all their
motels are filled during tourist season and especially during the King County
Fair which is in Enumclaw. KM

The Fair's in Puyallup. And it's in September, generally after the
height of tourist season.

A few years back, before moving to Washington, we used to stay at a
place called Nisqually Lodge in Ashford. It was clean, comfortable,
inexpensive, and about 4 miles west of the Nisqually entrance to Mt.
Rainier NP.

Old October 9th, 2003, 09:35 AM
alohacyberian

wrote in message ...
alohacyberian wrote:

The reason I didn't mention Enumclaw, (snip) is that sometimes all their
motels are filled during tourist season and especially during the King

County
Fair which is in Enumclaw. KM

The Fair's in Puyallup. And it's in September, generally after the
height of tourist season.

A few years back, before moving to Washington, we used to stay at a
place called Nisqually Lodge in Ashford. It was clean, comfortable,
inexpensive, and about 4 miles west of the Nisqually entrance to Mt.
Rainier NP.

The Puyallup Fair (which isn't in King County, but, Pierce County) and the
King County Fair which is in July in Enumclaw aren't the same fairs. KM

Old October 9th, 2003, 03:13 PM

alohacyberian wrote:

The Puyallup Fair (which isn't in King County, but, Pierce County) and the
King County Fair which is in July in Enumclaw aren't the same fairs. KM

You are right. I missed the "King County" part. But the Puyallup Fair
is the big gorilla of the local ones; in fact, one of the biggest in the
country. Late every summer we are bombarded with commercials and
adverts demanding that we "Do the Puyallup". It's a very annoying
jingle :-)