Poll: Iraqis say life better than under Saddam

Old March 18th, 2007, 12:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
PJ O'Donovan[_1_]

Default Poll: Iraqis say life better than under Saddam

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1530762.ece

March 18, 2007
Iraqis: life is getting better
Marie Colvin

"MOST Iraqis believe life is better for them now than it was under
Saddam Hussein, according to a British opinion poll published today.

The survey of more than 5,000 Iraqis found the majority optimistic
despite their suffering in sectarian violence since the American-led
invasion four years ago this week.

One in four Iraqis has had a family member murdered, says the poll by
Opinion Research Business. In Baghdad, the capital, one in four has
had a relative kidnapped and one in three said members of their family
had fled abroad. But when asked whether they preferred life under
Saddam, the dictator who was executed last December, or under Nouri al-
Maliki, the prime minister, most replied that things were better for
them today.

Only 27% think there is a civil war in Iraq, compared with 61% who do
not, according to the survey carried out last month.

By a majority of two to one, Iraqis believe military operations now
under way will disarm all militias. More than half say security will
improve after a withdrawal of multinational forces.

Margaret Beckett, the foreign secretary, said the findings pointed to
progress. "There is no widespread violence in the four southern
provinces and the fact that the picture is more complex than the
stereotype usually portrayed is reflected in today's poll," she said.

* Have your say

Keep it up, USA!!! History will show us that we were right about Iraq.
We will win.

Sam, colorado springs, co

The US media, Democrates, and Liberal Republicans have incouraged the
violance. If you listen to them it is no wonder the enemy fights on.
These 1960 re-treads have no desire to win and move on.

joe lupinski, Little Silver,

I must give credit to the times; this poll will not see the light of
day in the American media. If it does, the only angle to be played on
the major networks and the NYT will be that half of Iraqis say
security will improve with the removal of multinational forces.

I also want to take the opportunity to thank those international
readers who have served or have family serving in this endeavor in
Iraq and Afghanistan.

Joby, Freeland, Michigan/United States

Isn't this amazing? Our media poisons the minds of citizens of our
country.

Jack Pyle, Big Sandy,

The Democrats, and their sycopantic press, are totally invested in
America's defeat and withdrawal from Iraq. They NEED a defeat, so that
their prophecies will be fulfilled. They do everything in their power
to keep such stories as this out of the public eye. How this story
managed to slip through is more than I can understand. Heads will
roll!

P J Tracy, Mishawaka, IN

It is a big difference to hear something that contrasts to the news
that we are bombarded with daily. The information that we get does not
seemed to be balanced, given the information demonstrated in the
results of this survey.

Dave Collins, Phoenix, Arizona

News like this sends a chill down the spine of Democrats and Islamic
radicals alike. God bless the Iraqi people and our troops.

Spec, Austin, Texas

Old March 18th, 2007, 02:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default OT: Poll: Iraqis say life better than under Saddam

On Mar 18, 8:32 am, "PJ O'Donovan" wrote:
[...]

What part of Off Topic OT: don't you understand?

Ed S.

Old March 19th, 2007, 03:35 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
d.g.s.

On 3/18/2007 7:50 AM jumped down, turned around,
and wrote:

On Mar 18, 8:32 am, "PJ O'Donovan" wrote:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1530762.ece

[usual pajama-boi crap]

What part of Off Topic OT: don't you understand?

What part of "trim the ****ing posts, you idiot, and killfile pajama-boi
while you're at it" don't *YOU* understand?

*plonk*
--
dgs
Old March 19th, 2007, 06:34 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge

dgs the most useful poster
plonk yourself and press the button please

Old March 20th, 2007, 11:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank F. Matthews

PJ O'Donovan wrote:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1530762.ece

March 18, 2007
Iraqis: life is getting better
Marie Colvin

"MOST Iraqis believe life is better for them now than it was under
Saddam Hussein, according to a British opinion poll published today.

The survey of more than 5,000 Iraqis found the majority optimistic
despite their suffering in sectarian violence since the American-led
invasion four years ago this week.

45% is not a majority.

snip

Did you notice that support for attacks on coalition troops has now
attained a majority (51%)?

Old March 21st, 2007, 09:04 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Turan Fettahoglu

Did you notice that support for attacks on coalition troops has now
attained a majority (51%)?

End of debate, please. This has nothing to do with travels to EUROPE!