Top reasons why you choose what you choose

Old March 28th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Becca

Default Top reasons why you choose what you choose

Nice topic, Ben.

Princess

1. Personal Choice dining
2. fresh water pools
3. adult only swimming pool
4. few announcements
5. nice padded chaise lounges
6. more entertainment options than I can do
7. good selection of movies
8. quiet atmosphere
9. Movies Under The Stars (on some ships)

NCL

1. Freestyle dining
2. entertainment
3. macadamia nut cookies
4. relaxed atmosphere
5. nice bands, vocalists

Carnival

1. entertainment
2. their wonderful buffets
3. stand-up comedy
4. the best pizza at sea
5. their wonderful buffets
6. the best lobsters
7. did I mention the buffets?

Becca -----enjoys every cruise...

Benjamin Smith wrote:

If you tend to pick a cruise line as a priority, please name 4 or 5 top
reasons why you pick a cruise line.

For me Celebrity

1. ship design (Horizon and Century class only)
2. ambiance
3. minimal announcements
4. traditional dining with dress codes
5. onboard service style

HAL

1. traditional dining with dress codes
2. pool design and deck areas on pre-Vista ships
3. opportunities for ballroom dancing
4. service style

RCI

1. electric feel (esp. Voyager ships)
2. fun elements
3. well defined
4. varied activities

Thinking of DELTA STEAMBOATS for steamboat paddlewheel feel, bed and
breakfast decor, opportunities for jazz, caliope. CRYSTAL for reported
high level of product delivery and consistency. CUNARD for its lineage
and tradition if it is at all detectable currently. P&O for British feel
and ship design (ORIANA and AURORA).

Ben

Old March 28th, 2005, 08:51 PM

I would have to agree about Princess. First go around I took the advice
of a friend, plus information from my travel agent. I am glad that I
did. I very much like Princess. I like all the options below, although
I have yet to see a movie under the stars.

Princess

1. Personal Choice dining
2. fresh water pools
3. adult only swimming pool
4. few announcements
5. nice padded chaise lounges
6. more entertainment options than I can do
7. good selection of movies
8. quiet atmosphere
9. Movies Under The Stars (on some ships)

Michael

Old March 28th, 2005, 09:00 PM
LeeNY

Benjamin Smith wrote:
If you tend to pick a cruise line as a priority, please name 4 or 5

top
reasons why you pick a cruise line.

HAL
1. traditional dining
2. quiet atmosphere
3. special touches like fresh flowers, yum yum man, NYTimes digest
delivered to the state room, unlimited beach towel availability (no
threat of being charged)
4. better food (my opinion) than CCL, RCL, NCL, on par w/ Celebrity and
Princess when I was on Sea in early 2001, pre-personal choice).

I do need to try another Celebrity cruise - maybe next March. Only one
was on Horizon to Bermuda which I don't think was representative of the
line, although I really enjoyed it.

Lee

Old March 28th, 2005, 09:01 PM
LeeNY

Benjamin Smith wrote:
If you tend to pick a cruise line as a priority, please name 4 or 5

top
reasons why you pick a cruise line.

HAL
1. traditional dining
2. quiet atmosphere
3. special touches like fresh flowers, fruit basked in cabin, bathtubs
in all cabins, yum yum man, NYTimes digest delivered to the state room,

Old March 28th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 00:34:37 GMT, Benjamin Smith wrote:

If you tend to pick a cruise line as a priority, please name 4 or 5 top
reasons why you pick a cruise line.

I'm picky about ships especially eliminating most of the older ones. But
what drives me first is the itinerary. I'm not "into" food, I like new
places, and I prefer 10 days plus.

Once a certain itinerary has been chosen, then it's a double check to see
what ship it is, what age and then what cabin (balcony) can we get.

I really enjoy repositionings so the start/end points are a big piece of
the decision. Ending in NYC when they repositioned from Miami was a huge
plus since one way fares could be had cheap to both places.

Put me to sea on most of the ships built since around 2000 and I'm a happy
Chrissy. Give me an aft stern on a Fr. Poly 14 day cruise and you will
never see me again.
Old March 29th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Cathy Kearns

"Becca" wrote in message
Nice topic, Ben.

I agree

HAL

1) Itineraries always go where I want them to go. (I'm serious here, though
we like HAL, we thought trying a different line would be nice, but when it
comes down to finding a ship that hits the ports we want on the weeks we are
available HAL ends up being our only option.)
2) Suites are reasonable price for size, and allow 4.
3) Free laundry in the suites.
4) Nice concerierges services and snacks in the suite lounge.
5) Bread pudding.

Old March 29th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Becca :

wrote:

I would have to agree about Princess. First go around I took the advice
of a friend, plus information from my travel agent. I am glad that I
did. I very much like Princess. I like all the options below, although
I have yet to see a movie under the stars.

The Movies Under The Stars was fun. I watched the movie right after
dinner, but people around me were eating popcorn, fruit, pizza. You can
order a drink if you want one.

AFAIK, Movies Under The Stars is avaialable on Caribbean Princess, Grand
Princess and Sea Princess. They showed movies all day too. I had lunch
while I watched Grease.

Consider the subtle humor in what you just wrote. :-)

Becca ------loves cruising on Princess...

--
dillon

Women should be obscene and not absurd.