What to do in Bahrain for 4 hours and Abu Dhabi for 7 hours

Old November 3rd, 2003, 02:26 PM
freeda

Default What to do in Bahrain for 4 hours and Abu Dhabi for 7 hours

I have 2 quite long stopovers in the Middle East on a Forthcoming (Wed) trip
with GF to the Far East.
I have 4 hours in Bahrain on the way and 7 hours in Abu Dhabi on the way
back.
If anybody has been to either of these airports, could you please let me
know what I can do to amuse myself.

TIA

Old November 3rd, 2003, 02:47 PM
Binyamin Dissen

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:26:25 -0000 "freeda" wrote:

:I have 2 quite long stopovers in the Middle East on a Forthcoming (Wed) trip
:with GF to the Far East.
:I have 4 hours in Bahrain on the way and 7 hours in Abu Dhabi on the way
:back.
:If anybody has been to either of these airports, could you please let me
:know what I can do to amuse myself.

As a Jew I would not be allowed in either of those airports.

Might I presume that there will not be a bar?

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com
Old November 3rd, 2003, 03:45 PM
Philip George

In article ,
Binyamin Dissen wrote:
:I have 2 quite long stopovers in the Middle East on a Forthcoming (Wed) trip
:with GF to the Far East.
:I have 4 hours in Bahrain on the way and 7 hours in Abu Dhabi on the way
:back.
:If anybody has been to either of these airports, could you please let me
:know what I can do to amuse myself.
As a Jew I would not be allowed in either of those airports.

Yes you are. You're allowed there so long as you don't attempt to enter the
country.

Might I presume that there will not be a bar?

There are bars in Abu Dhabi and Dubai airports, in the same way that alcohol
is available on Emirates.

phil

Old November 3rd, 2003, 03:59 PM
freeda

Might I presume that there will not be a bar?

There are bars in Abu Dhabi and Dubai airports, in the same way that

alcohol
is available on Emirates.

Thank God for that, I suppose if there is nothing else to do, I can always
drink and smoke away the time.

Old November 3rd, 2003, 05:36 PM
Martin WY

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:26:25 -0000, "freeda" wrote:

I have 2 quite long stopovers in the Middle East on a Forthcoming (Wed) trip
with GF to the Far East.
I have 4 hours in Bahrain on the way and 7 hours in Abu Dhabi on the way
back.
If anybody has been to either of these airports, could you please let me
know what I can do to amuse myself.

TIA

Well if it was Emirates, they take people *downtown* to a nice hotel,
for room and meals during such a stopover with transfers to and from
the airport,......why not ask Gulf Air themselves direct about your
question and get a PROPER answer? Malaysian do superb stopovers with
day rooms and a half day tour free,, many are copying,,,, do please
ask the carrier concerned and get the proper reply.
Old November 3rd, 2003, 05:38 PM
Martin WY

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 16:47:18 +0200, Binyamin Dissen
wrote:

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:26:25 -0000 "freeda" wrote:

:I have 2 quite long stopovers in the Middle East on a Forthcoming (Wed) trip
:with GF to the Far East.
:I have 4 hours in Bahrain on the way and 7 hours in Abu Dhabi on the way
:back.
:If anybody has been to either of these airports, could you please let me
:know what I can do to amuse myself.

As a Jew I would not be allowed in either of those airports.

Might I presume that there will not be a bar?

and why should the rest of the world be treated to that small piece of
irrelevant information,,,, no one asked for ethnic problems, the gent
asked what HE could do, not you.
Old November 3rd, 2003, 06:26 PM
Philip George

In article ,
Binyamin Dissen wrote:
They don't check religion before allowing you on their flights?

Hmm I wonder if El Al allow Palestinian Autonomous Area ID card holders on board
these days?

:There are bars in Abu Dhabi and Dubai airports, in the same way that alcohol
:is available on Emirates.
No kidding?
Even during the daytime during Rammaddan?

This is very tiresome.

Emirates has been voted the best airline in the world for what must be 5 years
running (if not more), and Dubai airport is one of the most modern in the world
with probably better luxury shopping facilities than you'll find anywhere else.
Infinitely better than that ******** they call JFK which has about 3 shops.

However repressive Islam may be, Dubai does have a bloody good airline and
airport. (There's less to do at Abu Dhabi).

phil