Two Houston questions - Referring to the Astros and NASA

Old July 16th, 2004, 01:06 PM
d b

Default Two Houston questions - Referring to the Astros and NASA

I fully agree Lou.

djb

Lou Minatti wrote:

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message ...
d b wrote:

You addressed his complaints and falsehoods nicely and he does not
evidently have the imagination to come up with more.

Way to go.

djb

That's right, I give up. I know when to quit arguing against ignorance and
stupidity.

But Paul, your arguments ARE ignorance and stupidity. You come here
making absurd claims, I debunk your claims, and you don't have the
courtesy to admit that you're wrong. You never took a debate class in
high school, did you?

Lou Minatti wrote:

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message

Paul, why did you run away from our little discussion last week? You
remember: You posted a whole bunch of nasty falsehoods about Houston. I
debunked each and every one of your claims. Why did you slink away from
my rebuttal, only to return with more falsehoods?

jjp wrote:

I wouldn't consider numerous bayous and lots of trees as
"featureless."

Tell us more about Houston's CONCRETE lined Bayous.

Some bayous were lined during flood control projects, most are not.
Concrete lining was done on some bayous in the 40s and 50s, when
government engineers liked big concrete projects. But as I mentioned,
most Houston bayous aren't lined. Those that are lined are certainly more
attractive than LA's concrete ditches.

Tell us about Hershey Park, for example, with a walking / biking trail
along Buffalo Bayou AND the STENCH from the sewar (sic) treatment
plants to wake you up on your morning walk.

Well, considering what they contain I would imagine that just about all
sewage plants are stinky, even the ones in DC. Believe it or not, even
your sh** stinks, Paul. However, I go to Hershey Park all the time and
I've never detected a problem.

Tells us about the CONCRETED Braes Bayou and the walking / biking trail
there.

It's a great place to walk, jog or ride a bike, as thousands do every
day. Why do you ask?

Tell us about the number of people who have their cars broken into
while they are out for their walk or bike.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/ins...ft-cities1.asp
The 10 worst auto theft capitals of America:

1. Phoenix, Ariz.
2. Fresno, Calif.
3. Modesto, Calif.
4. Stockton-Lodi, Calif.
5. Las Vegas, Nev.
6. Miami, Fla.
7. Sacramento, Calif.
8. Oakland, Calif.
9. Seattle, Wash.
10. Tacoma, Wash.

Why do you continue to make claims that are so easy to debunk, Paul?

Trees??? I hardly call what Houston has as real trees.

How very odd. I've been living here all this time and I thought these
massive live oaks and magnolias are real. Now you say they are FAKE
TREES! Here are some of the many fake trees around Houston:

http://www.stockyard.com/gallery/Flora/1132_G
http://www.acclaimimages.com/_galler...2106-5542.html
http://www.stockyard.com/gallery/Flora/3185_G
http://www.stockyard.com/gallery/Parks-Fountains

Paul, much of Houston, including the entire west side, was nothing but
open prairie and rice farms up until 40 years ago. It takes decades for
slow-growing trees like live oaks and magnolias to mature into "real
trees" as you call them. The areas inside the 610 loop contain the many
enormous mature live oaks and magnolias, outside of 610 where the trees
were planted less than 40 years ago the trees are smaller. This is not
difficult to understand.

You should get
around the US more to see what REAL trees look like.

Houston has never billed itself as a tourist destination, and while some
of the complaints about my town (heat, humidity, flat terrain) are
certainly valid, I've never seen anyone claim that Houston doesn't have
"real trees". Until now. Do you have the slightest clue as to how absurd
and petty you appear to be, Paul? I don't believe you do. If you did have
a clue, you wouldn't keep coming back here to make a jackass out of
yourself.

So what's the real scoop behind your bizarre hatred for my town?

Old July 16th, 2004, 01:08 PM
d b

This isn't necessary. Just go see for ones self. To debate this kind
of thing is juvenile from the start.

djb

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote:

jjp wrote:

(Lou Minatti) wrote in message
om...
"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message

Trees??? I hardly call what Houston has as real trees.

Like I said; it is amazing what the money people can buy.
Why don't you show a "Representative Example" of "trees" in Houston.

Old July 19th, 2004, 03:26 PM
d b

jjp wrote:

Houston is a beautiful town with lots of nice trees. Paul is a fool.

With this I can agree totally!

djb

Old July 19th, 2004, 03:26 PM
d b

True again !!!!!!

djb

jjp wrote:

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message ...

Like I said; it is amazing what the money people can buy.
Why don't you show a "Representative Example" of "trees" in Houston.

Would you like me to photograph the road I take from the freeway to my
neighborhood? Oaks run down both sides of much of it -- not exactly
West U size oaks, but getting there.

The fact that you are still in denial is downright laughable. It's
almost like saying Miami has no beach.