canada to usa customs

Old August 16th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Gregory Morrow

PeterL wrote:

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"Gregory Morrow" schreef

in
bericht link.net...
It's a system that helps to keep out the "riff - raff", Sjoerd...the

staff
are very busy and don't have any time to waste on calls that are not

of
serious nature.

If the staff are very busy they should add more staff.....

Who's going to pay for more staff?

"Us the taxpayers" - and "Us the taxpayers" are not real keen of giving more
of our money so that some foreigner won't have to pony up a tiny 15 Euro to
make an enquiry at a US consulate abroad....

I mean those who are so cheap (and the Dutch are *notoriously* cheap) as to
complain about something so trivial as this can I suppose visit Myanmar of
Belarus or someplace and be happy :-)

I for one won't miss them.

Who is going to
pay EUR 15 just to get a simple visa question answered?

I don't know if people know this. But the US government don't really care
if tourists come or not. It's the states with economy dependent on

tourists
that care, and of course the businesses themselves.

I know New York City has fewer foreign visitors this year. But the hotels
are fairly full with domestic tourists, which make up the vast majority of
tourists in the US. With such a huge domestic pool of tourists, foreign
visitors are just gravy. They are nice to have for the added income, but
not really all that necessary when a country like the US has a big affluent
travelling population....

People will just
decide to visit another country that is more welcoming to tourists.
Even the *Myanmar* consulate here is sending me all the forms to apply

for
visa for free. Excellent service from them.

Myanmar wants more tourists. The US (Federal government) don't care.

Isn't
that obvious?

Yes, but try telling that to Sjoerd :-)

--
Best
Greg

Old August 20th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Miguel Cruz

Gregory Morrow wrote:
I know New York City has fewer foreign visitors this year. But the hotels
are fairly full with domestic tourists, which make up the vast majority of
tourists in the US. With such a huge domestic pool of tourists, foreign
visitors are just gravy. They are nice to have for the added income, but
not really all that necessary when a country like the US has a big affluent
travelling population....

Don't forget about balance of trade.

miguel