Why do people sleep in airports? I always see these people on the news...

Old June 19th, 2007, 10:33 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Peter Lawrence

Default Why do people sleep in airports? I always see these people onthe news...

DevilsPGD wrote:
In message Peter
Lawrence wrote:

But we were discussing not flights that are delayed, but flights that
get canceled. (You really should work on your reading comprehension
skills.) Most airlines (unless they're JetBlue) cancel flights at least
a few hours before their scheduled departure. Of course, there are
still occasionally last minute cancellations that do occur and they can
be a real pain in the butt. Still, it doesn't hurt to call ahead --
except for cynics like you it seems.

I can't speak to most, but I have never had a flight cancelled on me.

My brother has had two, both times it wasn't cancelled yet when he
arrived to the gate, and in one case wasn't cancelled until about 10
minutes after boarding should have begun.

So I would suggest that it is certainly possible for a flight to be
cancelled hours before it leaves, but it's also possible for there to be
no notice at all.

I agree 100%, and I did mention that possibility (last minute
cancellations) on my prior post. And when it does happen, it can be a
real pain to make alternative plans. But most flights that have been
canceled on me have been due to bad weather and the airlines had
canceled them hours before the scheduled departure.

- Peter