Collision damage insurance with auto rental

Old November 24th, 2007, 03:16 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

Default Collision damage insurance with auto rental

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 07:58:34 -0500, "- Bobb -"
wrote:

ATT's wording was that they provided the coverage after primary collision
coverage IF driver has coverage - otherwise they are first in line. At
least that's how it USED to be - I will recheck online before next time I
need a rental.

These provisions are always changing. Usually they send several pages
of small print that most people rarely read.

I have seen what I wrote but don't remember which card said it. Of
course, each card is different but they seem to adopt what another
introduces if it is to their advantage.

Old November 27th, 2007, 07:35 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Calif Bill

"Jochen Kriegerowski" wrote in message
"jdoe" schrieb

almost every state in the US requires insurance, next foolish
assumption

Why did someone explicitly point out that is was required in
California, then?
"Almost every state" implies that there are some which don't?

Jochen

Here, you have to prove you have liability insurance if a cop stops you.
There are people in Europe driving without insurance also I would wager. If
you have no assets, why worry about the cost of an accident?

Old November 27th, 2007, 07:37 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Calif Bill

"jdoe" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 22:11:56 +0200, Binyamin Dissen
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:47:53 -0500 jdoe wrote:

:almost every state in the US requires insurance, next foolish
:assumption

Yeah? A bond is not adequate?

usually not
Never argue with an idiot.
They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Actually a bond is legal. Self insured companies do it all the time. Same
for a person, you can post a bond with the state for the amount of the
minimum insurance requirement.

Old November 27th, 2007, 08:04 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Jochen Kriegerowski[_2_]

"Calif Bill" schrieb

There are people in Europe driving without insurance also I would
wager.

Yes, as are people running red lights, or driving intoxicated - as in
any other country I'd say.

If you have no assets, why worry about the cost of an accident?

That depends whether you ever plan to have assets in the future.

Jochen
Old November 28th, 2007, 01:25 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 08:04:01 +0100, "Jochen Kriegerowski"
wrote:

That depends whether you ever plan to have assets in the future.

Jochen

Or have a conscience or sense of responsibility.