Second trip to the US

Old October 19th, 2007, 09:36 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

Default Second trip to the US

"Mimi" wrote in message
. ..
"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message

At to weather differences I see little. Charlotte has a little
precipitation in the winter with Atlanta not having much. Weatherbase
says that Charlotte is 2 degrees cooler again not much, The record low
for Atlanta is -8 in Jan as opposed to Charlotte's -5. Again not much
difference.

Wow, -5 and -8. That's cold. I just looked up the record low here in
Seattle and it's 1 degree. (Admittedly this is over fewer years.) But that
supports the original point that the West Coast has milder winters.

Yup, and it'll be a cold day in hell when you see -5 & -8 degree weather in
Santa Barbara, Santa Monica, Los Angeles and San Diego. Comparative places
on the west coast have milder winters than on the east coast. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website view over 3,600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI, and

Old October 19th, 2007, 11:19 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

Mimi wrote:
"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message

At to weather differences I see little. Charlotte has a little
precipitation in the winter with Atlanta not having much. Weatherbase
says that Charlotte is 2 degrees cooler again not much, The record low
for Atlanta is -8 in Jan as opposed to Charlotte's -5. Again not much
difference.

Wow, -5 and -8. That's cold. I just looked up the record low here in
Seattle and it's 1 degree. (Admittedly this is over fewer years.) But
that supports the original point that the West Coast has milder winters.

Marianne

There is the small point that both cities are inland. Try a comparison to
Charleston or Savannah. The record January low in the latter is 3. Thus
it appears that the East Coast is warmer. It is a bit more south though.

When was the last time it hit 3 degrees in Santa Barbara, Santa Monica, Los
Angeles and San Diego? KM

Old October 19th, 2007, 11:19 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

"-" wrote in message
oups.com...

I don't think you can base a conclusion about general climate on the
record low temp, which are by definition one-time occurrences. You
need to look at average lows and the ranges of lows. snippage

No, I don't think its sensible to advise tourists regarding winter climates
based on lows, average or not, since the lows usually occur in the wee small
hours when the visitors are sound asleep and probably not concerned about
the temperatures while they're asleep. KM

Old October 29th, 2007, 07:32 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
RickCanada

I live in Canada and have been to all of the places you are
considering. IMHO, I would consider a cruise on the Carribean. I
don't think there is any possibility that you would have nothing to do
on a cruise. You could fly into Ft. Lauderdale, take a cruise from
there and visit some islands. Many are interesting to visit. When
you return to Fort Lauderdale, you can stay at a resort either there
or Miami Beach. From there you could possibly take a 2 day trip to
Key West. Although you don't want to drive much, if you go to Key
West, you should go by car as the drive is very beautiful. I was in
S. Florida last February and the temperature ranged from low 70's to
the low 80's.