Vancouver transit riders tasered for not paying fares

Old April 21st, 2008, 03:20 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.survival,alt.politics,ca.politics
chasseur

Default Vancouver transit riders tasered for not paying fares

"Dave Smith" a écrit dans le message de
Patriot Games wrote:

"Dave Smith" wrote in message

RCMP = Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
Ottowa, like Vancouver, is in Canada. A land where subjects are

unarmed,
and
criminals are armed.
Which miraculously results in a lot fewer people being murdered.

Canada is a TOILET.

That's because it is above the sewer.

I assume that you are a Canadian as I am. The survival groups are now more
than 70% off topic in my opinion. By answering his insults at Canada with
insults aimed at the US, we are not going anywhere. It is quite evident
that Patriot Games is a little man looking for a flame war, don't indulge
him. That of course doesn't mean you cannot provide information and cites
countering his.

Regards
Chasseur
Canada

Old April 21st, 2008, 03:21 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.survival,alt.politics,ca.politics
Harold Burton

In article ,
"Patriot Games" wrote:

"Mike O'Sullivan" wrote in message
Joe wrote:
Story at http://Muvy.org

"Navigation to the webpage was cancelled"
"This program cannot display the webpage"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...transit16/BNSt
ory/National/home

Vancouver transit riders tasered for not paying fares
ROD MICKLEBURGH

From Wednesday's Globe and Mail

April 16, 2008 at 5:31 AM EDT

VANCOUVER - The country's only armed transit police have been tasering
passengers who try to avoid paying fares.

Good.
Old April 21st, 2008, 03:22 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.survival,alt.politics,ca.politics
Harold Burton

Joe wrote:
Story at http://Muvy.org
"Navigation to the webpage was cancelled"
"This program cannot display the webpage"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...c-transit16/BN
Story/National/home

Vancouver transit riders tasered for not paying fares
ROD MICKLEBURGH

From Wednesday's Globe and Mail

April 16, 2008 at 5:31 AM EDT

VANCOUVER - The country's only armed transit police have been tasering
passengers who try to avoid paying fares.

According to documents provided in response to a Freedom of Information
request, police patrolling public transit in the Metro Vancouver area
have used tasers 10 times in the past 18 months, including five
occasions when victims had been accosted for riding free.

In one incident, a non-paying passenger was tasered after he held onto a
railing on the SkyTrain platform and refused to let go.

"After several warnings to the subject to stop resisting arrest and the
subject failing to comply with the officers' commands, the taser was
deployed and the subject was taken into control," said the report
provided by TransLink, the region's transit authority.

An internal review of the incident concluded that the action taken by
transit police officers complied with the force's policy and was within
guidelines "set out in the National Use of Force Model," the report said.

On another occasion, a passenger was tasered when he fled from police
who found him without a payment receipt during a "fare blitz." This
time, however, the passenger got away because, as recounted in the
report, "the Taser was ineffective due to the subject's clothing and
[he] escaped the custody of the officers."

Politicians and civil-liberties activists alike decried the use of
tasers on individuals who were attempting merely to avoid paying a fine
for not buying a ticket to ride.

"I think it's absolutely uncalled for, absolutely reprehensible, and the
police should not be doing that," federal Liberal public safety critic
Ujjal Dosanjh said in Ottawa yesterday.

On the face of it, the use of tasers by transit police here is far
outside guidelines that say they should be used only if someone is
suicidal, violent or about to injure himself or someone else, Mr.
Dosanjh said.

"Their current use is absolutely inappropriate," he said, adding that
the latest revelations, coming after a storm of recent controversy over
taser use by regular police forces across the country, have brought him
close to calling for a moratorium on the powerful stun guns.

"This is the kind of example that would lead people like me, who have so
far resisted asking for a moratorium, to actually call for that," he said.

Murray Mollard of the B.C. Civil Liberties Association, which supports a
moratorium, said he was shocked by the news of transit passengers being
tasered.

"To apply a taser on someone fleeing the scene while trying to evade a
fine is, quite frankly, an outrageous abuse of this weapon," Mr. Mollard
said.

"Do we really need police officers with guns and tasers using them in
the context of fare evasion? I don't think so. This really is very hard
to believe."

But he stopped short of blaming the police. "They do what police do," he
said. Instead, he pinned the fault on cabinet ministers responsible for
the police who refuse to restrict taser use.

In a move that sparked heated debate in the province, the government
gave the green light for transit cops to carry weapons 2½ years ago.
There are about 125 officers on the transit force.

The region's popular, elevated SkyTrain system operates on a partial
honour system, without turnstiles. However, riders caught without a
ticket are subject to heavy fines, as high as $175. Officers ask
passengers at random for proof of payment.

Yesterday, the head of the RCMP admitted the police force did not do a
good job making information public about taser use, and vowed that
changes will be made.

"Frankly we did not handle this matter very well," Commissioner William
Elliott told the Canadian Club of Ottawa. "We should not have needed two
kicks at the can. We must learn from that and do better."

The taser controversy will be in the spotlight again today - the mother
of Robert Dziekanski, the Polish immigrant who died after being tasered
by the RCMP last year at Vancouver International Airport, is expected to
testify before a parliamentary committee in Ottawa.

WTF is this tazering business ??

America is the land of gun owners , SHOOT THE FARE DODGING SCUM dont
tazer them , what is this ? nanny state going softly again ??

Well, that's the best the Canuck wimps can do.
Old April 21st, 2008, 03:23 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.survival,alt.politics,ca.politics
Harold Burton

In article QYednYZ_b9qkZZbVnZ2dnUVZ_r2nnZ2d@uniservecommunic ations,
"chasseur" wrote:

Is the concept of discussion without
spewing insults something that is beyond you?

You're new to these groups, aren't you?

Snicker.
Old April 21st, 2008, 03:47 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.survival,alt.politics,ca.politics
chasseur

"chasseur" wrote:

Is the concept of discussion without
spewing insults something that is beyond you?

You're new to these groups, aren't you?

Snicker.

As a matter of fact I am not. I suggest that if those who use foul language
where called to order things would improve here. How about lending a hand?

Chasseur
Canada

Old April 21st, 2008, 03:52 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,ab.general,ca.politics,can.general,van.general
Greg Carr

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 00:32:05 GMT, 20April wrote:

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 00:12:45 +0100, "Keith Willshaw"
wrote:
"Patriot Games" wrote in message
. ..
"Mike O'Sullivan" wrote in message

Bottom line - resisting arrest is always a bad idea
Keith

So is criminally not paying transit fares.
You do the crime, you get the fine tasering!

In a few cases they admitted the person being Tasered was non-violent.
In that case they should just use traditional physical force if any is
necessary at all. There is no need for torture in this country.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BA-RUCH A-TAH ADO-NAI E-LO-HE-NU ME-LECH HA-OLAM ASHER KID-E-SHA-NU
BE-MITZ-VO-TAV VETZI-VA-NU AL SEFI-RAT HA-OMER.

Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has
sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us concerning the
counting of the Omer.

Today is one day of the Omer.

May the Merciful One restore unto us the service of the Bet Hamikdash
to its place, speedily in our days; Amen, Selah.

For the Choirmaster; a song with instrumental music; a Psalm. May God
be gracious to us and bless us; may He make His countenance shine upon
us forever; that Your way be known on earth, Your salvation among all
nations. The nations will extol You, O God; all the nations will extol
You. The nations will rejoice and sing for joy, for You will judge the
peoples justly and guide the nations on earth forever. The peoples
will extol You, O God; all the peoples will extol You, for the earth
will have yielded its produce and God, our God, will bless us. God
will bless us; and all, from the farthest corners of the earth, shall
fear Him.

We implore you, by the great power of Your right hand, release the
captive. Accept the prayer of Your people; strengthen us, purify us,
Awesome One. Mighty One, we beseech You, guard as the apple of the eye
those who seek Your Oneness. Bless them, cleanse them; bestow upon
them forever Your merciful righteousness. Powerful, Holy One, in Your
abounding goodness, guide Your congregation. Only and Exalted One,
turn to Your people who are mindful of Your holiness. Accept our
supplication and hear our cry, You who knows secret thoughts. Blessed
be the name of the glory of His kingdom forever and ever.

Master of the universe, You have commanded us through Moses Your
servant to count Sefirat Ha-Omer, in order to purify us from our evil
and uncleanness. As You have written in Your Torah, "You shall count
for yourselves from the day following the day of rest, from the day on
which you bring the Omer as a wave-offering; [the counting] shall be
for seven full weeks. Until the day following the seventh week shall
you count fifty days," so that the souls of Your people Israel may be
cleansed from their defilement. Therefore, may it be Your will, Lord
our God and God of our fathers, that in the merit of the Sefirat
Ha-Omer which I counted today, the blemish that I have caused in the
sefirah Chesed ShebeChesed be rectified and I may be purified and
sanctified with supernal holiness. May abundant bounty thereby be
bestowed upon all the worlds. May it rectify our nefesh, ruach and
neshamah from every baseness and defect, and may it purify and
sanctify us with Your supernal holiness. Amen, selah.

Psalm 113

1: Praise ye the LORD. Praise, O ye servants of the LORD, praise the
name of the LORD.
2: Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and for
evermore.
3: From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the
LORD's name is to be praised.
4: The LORD is high above all nations, and his glory above the
heavens.
5: Who is like unto the LORD our God, who dwelleth on high,
6: Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and
in the earth!
7: He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out
of the dunghill;
8: That he may set him with princes, even with the princes of his
people.
9: He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother
of children. Praise ye the LORD.

Psalm 114

1: When Israel went out of Egypt, the house of Jacob from a people of
strange language;
2: Judah was his sanctuary, and Israel his dominion.
3: The sea saw it, and fled: Jordan was driven back.
4: The mountains skipped like rams, and the little hills like lambs.
5: What ailed thee, O thou sea, that thou fleddest? thou Jordan, that
thou wast driven back?
6: Ye mountains, that ye skipped like rams; and ye little hills, like
lambs?
7: Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence
of the God of Jacob;
8: Which turned the rock into a standing water, the flint into a
fountain of waters.

Psalm 115

1: Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for
thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake.
2: Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is now their God?
3: But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath
pleased.
4: Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
5: They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see
not:
6: They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell
not:
7: They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk
not: neither speak they through their throat.
8: They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that
trusteth in them.
9: O Israel, trust thou in the LORD: he is their help and their
shield.
10: O house of Aaron, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their
shield.
11: Ye that fear the LORD, trust in the LORD: he is their help and
their shield.
12: The LORD hath been mindful of us: he will bless us; he will bless
the house of Israel; he will bless the house of
Aaron.
13: He will bless them that fear the LORD, both small and great.
14: The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children.
15: Ye are blessed of the LORD which made heaven and earth.
16: The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's: but the earth hath
he given to the children of men.
17: The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into
silence.
18: But we will bless the LORD from this time forth and for evermore.
Praise the LORD.

Psalm 116

1: I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my
supplications.
2: Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call
upon him as long as I live.
3: The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold
upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.
4: Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee,
deliver my soul.
5: Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
6: The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped
me.
7: Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt
bountifully with thee.
8: For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears,
and my feet from falling.
9: I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.
10: I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:
11: I said in my haste, All men are liars.
12: What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
13: I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the
LORD.
14: I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his
people.
15: Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
16: O LORD, truly I am thy servant; I am thy servant, and the son of
thine handmaid: thou hast loosed my bonds.
17: I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call
upon the name of the LORD.
18: I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his
people,
19: In the courts of the LORD's house, in the midst of thee, O
Jerusalem. Praise ye the LORD.

Psalm 117

1: O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people.
2: For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the
LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.

Psalm 118

1: O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy
endureth for ever.
2: Let Israel now say, that his mercy endureth for ever.
3: Let the house of Aaron now say, that his mercy endureth for ever.
4: Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for
ever.
5: I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set
me in a large place.
6: The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?
7: The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I
see my desire upon them that hate me.
8: It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
9: It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in
princes.
10: All nations compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD will I
destroy them.
11: They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me about: but in the
name of the LORD I will destroy them.
12: They compassed me about like bees; they are quenched as the fire
of thorns: for in the name of the LORD I will
destroy them.
13: Thou hast thrust sore at me that I might fall: but the LORD helped
me.
14: The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation.
15: The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles of the
righteous: the right hand of the LORD doeth
valiantly.
16: The right hand of the LORD is exalted: the right hand of the LORD
doeth valiantly.
17: I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.
18: The LORD hath chastened me so but he hath not given me over
unto death.
19: Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I
will praise the LORD:
20: This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter.
21: I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my
salvation.
22: The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of
the corner.
23: This is the LORD's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
24: This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be
glad in it.
25: Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now
prosperity.
26: Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed
you out of the house of the LORD.
27: God is the LORD, which hath shewed us light: bind the sacrifice
with cords, even unto the horns of the altar.
28: Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will
exalt thee.
29: O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy
endureth for ever.

Exodus 12:21-51 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

21Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them,
Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the
passover.

22And ye shall take a bunch of hyssop, and dip it in the blood that
is in the bason, and strike the lintel and the two side posts with the
blood that is in the bason; and none of you shall go out at the door
of his house until the morning.

23For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he
seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD
will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in
unto your houses to smite you.

24And ye shall observe this thing for an ordinance to thee and to thy
sons for ever.

25And it shall come to pass, when ye be come to the land which the
LORD will give you, according as he hath promised, that ye shall keep
this service.

26And it shall come to pass, when your children shall say unto you,
What mean ye by this service?

27That ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD's passover, who
passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he
smote the Egyptians, and delivered our houses. And the people bowed
the head and worshipped.

28And the children of Israel went away, and did as the LORD had
commanded Moses and Aaron, so did they.

29And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the
firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat
on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the
dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

30And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all
the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a
house where there was not one dead.

31And he called for Moses and Aaron by night, and said, Rise up, and
get you forth from among my people, both ye and the children of
Israel; and go, serve the LORD, as ye have said.

32Also take your flocks and your herds, as ye have said, and be gone;
and bless me also.

33And the Egyptians were urgent upon the people, that they might send
them out of the land in haste; for they said, We be all dead men.

34And the people took their dough before it was leavened, their
kneadingtroughs being bound up in their clothes upon their shoulders.

35And the children of Israel did according to the word of Moses; and
they borrowed of the Egyptians jewels of silver, and jewels of gold,
and raiment:

36And the LORD gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians,
so that they lent unto them such things as they required. And they
spoiled the Egyptians.

37And the children of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth, about
six hundred thousand on foot that were men, beside children.

38And a mixed multitude went up also with them; and flocks, and
herds, even very much cattle.

39And they baked unleavened cakes of the dough which they brought
forth out of Egypt, for it was not leavened; because they were thrust
out of Egypt, and could not tarry, neither had they prepared for
themselves any victual.

40Now the sojourning of the children of Israel, who dwelt in Egypt,
was four hundred and thirty years.

41And it came to pass at the end of the four hundred and thirty
years, even the selfsame day it came to pass, that all the hosts of
the LORD went out from the land of Egypt.

42It is a night to be much observed unto the LORD for bringing them
out from the land of Egypt: this is that night of the LORD to be
observed of all the children of Israel in their generations.

43And the LORD said unto Moses and Aaron, This is the ordinance of
the passover: There shall no stranger eat thereof:

44But every man's servant that is bought for money, when thou hast
circumcised him, then shall he eat thereof.

45A foreigner and an hired servant shall not eat thereof.

46In one house shall it be eaten; thou shalt not carry forth ought of
the flesh abroad out of the house; neither shall ye break a bone
thereof.

47All the congregation of Israel shall keep it.

48And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the
passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let
him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the
land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.

49One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger
that sojourneth among you.

50Thus did all the children of Israel; as the LORD commanded Moses
and Aaron, so did they.

51And it came to pass the selfsame day, that the LORD did bring the
children of Israel out of the land of Egypt by their armies.

Numbers 28:16-25 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

16And in the fourteenth day of the first month is the passover of the
LORD.

17And in the fifteenth day of this month is the feast: seven days
shall unleavened bread be eaten.

18In the first day shall be an holy convocation; ye shall do no
manner of servile work therein:

19But ye shall offer a sacrifice made by fire for a burnt offering
unto the LORD; two young bullocks, and one ram, and seven lambs of the
first year: they shall be unto you without blemish:

20And their meat offering shall be of flour mingled with oil: three
tenth deals shall ye offer for a bullock, and two tenth deals for a
ram;

21A several tenth deal shalt thou offer for every lamb, throughout
the seven lambs:

22And one goat for a sin offering, to make an atonement for you.

23Ye shall offer these beside the burnt offering in the morning,
which is for a continual burnt offering.

24After this manner ye shall offer daily, throughout the seven days,
the meat of the sacrifice made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the
LORD: it shall be offered beside the continual burnt offering, and his
drink offering.

25And on the seventh day ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall
do no servile work.

Joshua 3:5-7 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

5And Joshua said unto the people, Sanctify yourselves: for to morrow
the LORD will do wonders among you.

6And Joshua spake unto the priests, saying, Take up the ark of the
covenant, and pass over before the people. And they took up the ark of
the covenant, and went before the people.

7And the LORD said unto Joshua, This day will I begin to magnify thee
in the sight of all Israel, that they may know that, as I was with
Moses, so I will be with thee.

Joshua 5:2-6:1 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

2At that time the LORD said unto Joshua, Make thee sharp knives, and
circumcise again the children of Israel the second time.

3And Joshua made him sharp knives, and circumcised the children of
Israel at the hill of the foreskins.

4And this is the cause why Joshua did circumcise: All the people that
came out of Egypt, that were males, even all the men of war, died in
the wilderness by the way, after they came out of Egypt.

5Now all the people that came out were circumcised: but all the
people that were born in the wilderness by the way as they came forth
out of Egypt, them they had not circumcised.

6For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness,
till all the people that were men of war, which came out of Egypt,
were consumed, because they obeyed not the voice of the LORD: unto
whom the LORD sware that he would not shew them the land, which the
LORD sware unto their fathers that he would give us, a land that
floweth with milk and honey.

7And their children, whom he raised up in their stead, them Joshua
circumcised: for they were uncircumcised, because they had not
circumcised them by the way.

8And it came to pass, when they had done circumcising all the people,
that they abode in their places in the camp, till they were whole.

9And the LORD said unto Joshua, This day have I rolled away the
reproach of Egypt from off you. Wherefore the name of the place is
called Gilgal unto this day.

10And the children of Israel encamped in Gilgal, and kept the
passover on the fourteenth day of the month at even in the plains of
Jericho.

11And they did eat of the old corn of the land on the morrow after
the passover, unleavened cakes, and parched corn in the selfsame day.

12And the manna ceased on the morrow after they had eaten of the old
corn of the land; neither had the children of Israel manna any more;
but they did eat of the fruit of the land of Canaan that year.

13And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up
his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him
with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said
unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?

We are awaiting the return of our JHVH in the flesh or his Son. His Son Yu'shua died on the cross for our sins, was resurrected and walked the earth for awhile then ascended unto Heaven. We await the Third Coming not the Second.

Scottish Quaker Robert Barclay-"The weighty Truths of God were neglected, and, as it were, went into Desuetude. ...

Who will be the last Coalition soldier to be maimed in Iraq?

Canadian troops out of Afghanistan and into Darfur.http://www.amnesty.ca/instantkarma/petition.php

Good luck to anyone trying to learn Hebrew. I am looking for a Hebrew-Gregorian calendar in both Hebrew and English lettering.

I am looking for my missing automobile. Left in the care of Low's Tire (Firestone) on King George Hwy which has since gone out of business. A man who claimed to be a tow truck driver named Jerry (sounded Black) called me and said he had it
but when I called him back he denied it. JVD-968 "89 Plymouth Reliant white with red interior. Devellis in lettering on the rear trunk. Contact me by email or the GRC if you are one of those ppl. Am looking for the address of Dave Reynolds and any info about him. He used to run Low's Tires and since he refuses to answer his email I can only assume he is the person who stole my vehicle and the contents in it. I have talked to the new owners and they claim to know nothing.
3P3BK41D9KT921716 is the vin number. John Reynolds still has a valid email
but refuses to return my inquiries.Any info about this thief is appreciated.

I am also looking for various books and CD's that I have discovered missing. All are marked Greg Carr on the inside cover or somewhere in the CD booklet. $5 reward for each CD and for each book. Will pay $200 for info regarding how they disappeared because I honestly don't know.
Old April 21st, 2008, 08:46 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.survival,alt.politics,ca.politics
Gunner Asch

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 22:01:15 -0400, "chasseur"
wrote:

message de ...

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

According to the Canadian government (the Registry) there are 1.9 million
registered gun owners in Canada and there are 7,158,114 registered guns.
Two different think tanks estimate the number of gunowners at between 3 to 5
million and the number of guns at between 12 to 18 million, 18 million being
the more probable figure.

Chasseur
Canada

So then Canada has less than a 50% compliance rate with the Registry,
after what...5 Billion dollars being tossed at it?

Bravo to those that told the government to **** off!

Gunner

"[L]iberals are afraid to state what they truly believe in, for to do so
would result in even less votes than they currently receive. Their
methodology is to lie about their real agenda in the hopes of regaining
power, at which point they will do whatever they damn well please. The
problem is they have concealed and obfuscated for so long that, as a group,
they themselves are no longer sure of their goals. They are a collection of
wild-eyed splinter groups, all holding a grab-bag of dreams and wishes. Some
want a Socialist, secular-humanist state, others the repeal of the Second
Amendment. Some want same sex/different species marriage, others want voting
rights for trees, fish, coal and bugs. Some want cradle to grave care and
complete subservience to the government nanny state, others want a culture
that walks in lockstep and speaks only with intonations of political
correctness. I view the American liberals in much the same way I view the
competing factions of Islamic
fundamentalists. The latter hate each other to the core, and only join
forces to attack the US or Israel. The former hate themselves to the core,
and only join forces to attack George Bush and conservatives." --Ron Marr
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:07 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.survival,alt.politics,ca.politics
John Kulp

Patriot Games wrote:

"Dave Smith" wrote in message

RCMP = Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
Ottowa, like Vancouver, is in Canada. A land where subjects are

unarmed,
and
criminals are armed.
Which miraculously results in a lot fewer people being murdered.

Canada is a TOILET.

That's because it is above the sewer.

I assume that you are a Canadian as I am. The survival groups are now more
than 70% off topic in my opinion. By answering his insults at Canada with
insults aimed at the US, we are not going anywhere. It is quite evident
that Patriot Games is a little man looking for a flame war, don't indulge
him. That of course doesn't mean you cannot provide information and cites
countering his.

I'm and American and long ago recognized he's just a pathetic nut to
be ignored. Unfortunately, we have more than a few of them like him,
but they usually isolate themselves into screwball militias playing
with each other in the woods. Raises the level everywhere else.
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.survival,alt.politics,ca.politics
John Kulp

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 22:22:03 -0400, Harold Burton
wrote:

America is the land of gun owners , SHOOT THE FARE DODGING SCUM dont
tazer them , what is this ? nanny state going softly again ??

Well, that's the best the Canuck wimps can do.

Gee, yet another knuckle dragging moron making an idiot out of himself
on newsgroups.
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:09 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.survival,alt.politics,ca.politics
John Kulp

"chasseur" wrote:

Is the concept of discussion without
spewing insults something that is beyond you?

You're new to these groups, aren't you?

Snicker.

As a matter of fact I am not. I suggest that if those who use foul language
where called to order things would improve here. How about lending a hand?

You expect a helping hand from a moron like this?