Miami to Orlando

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Anonymous

Default Miami to Orlando

The train would probably not be much slower than the plane,
considering
the
time involved in getting to/from the airport at each end, and all

the
waiting. It appears to cost $29 and take 5 hours, 20 minutes.

I took one more look at www.amtrak.com and found the train at the rate
you
mentioned. What i didn't understood is wheter i need to book to get
this
price or if it's the same price even i i buy the ticket directly at
the
station
the day i plan to go. Would you be so nice and advice on this?

How does it work on trains in US? I know buses are always guaranteed
have a sit for you, no matter how many people would like to go. How
about
trains? Never been on one in US so every tip is of value...

--

Kindly
Konrad

Sleep - thing used by ineffective people
as a substitute for coffee

Ambition - a poor excuse for not having
enough sense to be lazy
--multiplaza.nl.nu--

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:14 AM

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 21:15:21 +0100, "Konrad Den Ende"
wrote:

[...]

there are no guarantees on Amtrak unless you reserve a seat beforehand

Because of the current email spam attacks my email account is not
included,
--multiplaza.nl.nu--

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Anonymous

"Konrad Den Ende" wrote in message
The train would probably not be much slower than the plane,

considering
the
time involved in getting to/from the airport at each end, and all

the
waiting. It appears to cost $29 and take 5 hours, 20 minutes.

I took one more look at www.amtrak.com and found the train at the

rate you
mentioned. What i didn't understood is wheter i need to book to get

this
price or if it's the same price even i i buy the ticket directly at

the
station
the day i plan to go. Would you be so nice and advice on this?

I don't know about this. Try their web site buying a ticket for one
day in
advance and see what the fare is. But I can't imagine the regular fare
being
much more than $30.

How does it work on trains in US? I know buses are always guaranteed

have a sit for you, no matter how many people would like to go. How

about
trains? Never been on one in US so every tip is of value...

There will be a seat for you, but it may not be a reserved seat. They
don't
overbook. It's more like Southwest Airlines, no reserved seats. On
longer
routes there may be reserved seats.

I took Amtrak from San Jose to Sacramento with my kids a year or so
ago, and
there were no reserved seats. Horrendous food at the snack bar (frozen
sandwiches, still frozen). The trip was amazingly slow, and they
managed to
be an hour late on a 100 mile run.

In 1975, the Amtrak run in Florida was on time. But I took the train
from
NYC to South Florida in 1962, and it was 13 hours late (the Silver
Meteor on
Seaboard Coast Line). The best part of that trip was getting the
little
paper cups of water from the water dispenser and dropping Fizzies into
them.
--multiplaza.nl.nu--