Scandinavia

Old December 14th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Burt

Default Scandinavia

http://home.comcast.net/~k1oik/goahead/

Old December 14th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Kalle

"Burt" wrote in message
news:7Mqvd.232073$HA.7803@attbi_s01...
http://home.comcast.net/~k1oik/goahead/

I was laughing hysterically on the page 5. And I'm still smiling...

One paragraph says like this:

"This was taken aboard ship enroute to Helsinki from Stockholm, that night
the seas really got rough, good thing they had seat belts in the bunks."

Those "seat belts" are not for people. Cleaners use those belts to keep the
blankets in bed when they clean the cabin. When they are cleaning the cabin
they turn the beds upwards.

Old December 14th, 2004, 02:14 PM

It gets better: "[This is the] Russian Orthodox Church in Helsinki,
you were not allowed, according to the sign to take any pictures." Of
course, this was a caption to the appropriate picture.

Old December 14th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Deep Frayed Morgues

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:10:04 +0100, wrote:

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:56:09 GMT, Deep Frayed Morgues
wrote:

On 14 Dec 2004 06:14:53 -0800,
wrote:

It gets better: "[This is the] Russian Orthodox Church in Helsinki,
you were not allowed, according to the sign to take any pictures." Of
course, this was a caption to the appropriate picture.

In St Petersburg, I went to the Kunstkamera (sp?) museum after being
assured by some Finnish girl that there were some incredible exhibits
of deformed babies corpses (joy!) preserved in jars there.

I paid the extra money so I could take photos, but then when we got to
the utterly astonishing dead babies bit, there were signs everywhere
telling me I couldn't take photos. This really ****ed me off, because
the rest of the exhibits were pretty unremarkable, and not
photoworthy.

You could see/photograph the same sort of thing in the Boerhaave
Museum in Leiden.

What's the attraction?

I don't know if the same thing is elsewhere, but the babies are all
deformed in ways that made people thing they were demons. One has a
horn growing from it's forehead, and others just look hideous in
various ways. There is a dog with 2 heads too. Apparently the man who
collected them all just wanted to dispel the fear that people had of
them.

I found it fascinating, but could not read any of the cyrilic to find
out the whole story. It's certain to be on the web somewhere.

Clues anyone?
--
---
DFM -
Old December 14th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Deep Frayed Morgues

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:10:04 +0100, wrote:

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:56:09 GMT, Deep Frayed Morgues