Do hotels in the USA have minimum age requirements?

Old November 2nd, 2005, 02:39 PM
B Vaughan

Default Do hotels in the USA have minimum age requirements?

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 02:56:57 -0700, DevilsPGD
wrote:

In message B
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 16:28:38 +0200, Binyamin Dissen
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 22:59:36 +0100 B wrote:

:When I was trying to find out whether there were legal age limits in
:New York in order to answer this question for the original poster, I
:ran across several hotels who specifically stated that they didn't
:rent to anyone under 21. However, I found several others that
:mentioned 18 as their minimum age, so obviously it's not a legal
:limit.

Probably more of an issue with the hotel getting paid.

It is more difficult to keep a minor to a contract.

I think that for purposes of signing a contract, an 18-year-old is an
adult.

Hence the minimum age of 18...

The original thread was about a reputed minimum age of 21, and I
thought the response about a contract was in reference to that.
--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.
Old January 1st, 2006, 02:56 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.usa-canada

hi

yes most states start at 18 if you have a list of which states he shall
visit
Then use the Holiday Inn web site to contact in each state and ask them

tell him to take care and stay to the better areas of a city he will be
at risk

wrote:
Hello,

My son who is 18-years-old and lives in England is hoping to travel to
America on his own. I believe that some hotels may have minimum age
restrictions or requirements to be 21 years of age to check into a room
due to state laws. Do you know of any states or cities where my son can
travel and stay on his own at 18-years old?. He is keen on staying in
New York City. Is it a New York state law or just some certain hotels?.
Any previous experience or if you know anywhere that would allow him to
stay in NYC or any other big cities please could you reply.

Many Thanks,

Martin Peakall.

P.S. I also noticed the following he
http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/usa/...mportant.shtml
For those wishing to travel unaccompanied by a parent or guardian the
minimum age is 18 years. However, some hotels and resorts do not allow
under-21s in a room by themselves - please check at time of booking
for details.