the third world - Heathrow airport

Old May 6th, 2007, 10:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Chiken Koma

Default the third world - Heathrow airport

Tip for people with more than 1 piece of hand luggage travelling from
Heathrow.
You will be stopped from going to the departures lounge (where there
are no seats and you MUST shop) for 'security reasons'. But if you put
all items in a large plastic bag then you are not a 'security threat'
and will be allowed to pass........5 metres later you can re-arrange
as you like and no one gives-a-****.

Old May 6th, 2007, 11:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Jan[_1_]

Chiken Koma wrote:
Tip for people with more than 1 piece of hand luggage travelling from
Heathrow.
You will be stopped from going to the departures lounge (where there
are no seats and you MUST shop) for 'security reasons'. But if you put
all items in a large plastic bag then you are not a 'security threat'
and will be allowed to pass........5 metres later you can re-arrange
as you like and no one gives-a-****.

AFAIAA You are still only allowed to take1 piece of hand luggage through
security when departing from all UK airports.
There were seats in the departure lounges last time I flew from Heathrow.

Jan

Old May 7th, 2007, 06:18 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Chiken Koma

On May 7, 12:36 am, "Jan" wrote:
Chiken Koma wrote:
Tip for people with more than 1 piece of hand luggage travelling from
Heathrow.
You will be stopped from going to the departures lounge (where there
are no seats and you MUST shop) for 'security reasons'. But if you put
all items in a large plastic bag then you are not a 'security threat'
and will be allowed to pass........5 metres later you can re-arrange
as you like and no one gives-a-****.

AFAIAA You are still only allowed to take1 piece of hand luggage through
security when departing from all UK airports.
There were seats in the departure lounges last time I flew from Heathrow.

Jan

and what difference does it make to security ??

Old May 7th, 2007, 02:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On May 7, 6:18 am, Chiken Koma wrote:
On May 7, 12:36 am, "Jan" wrote:

Chiken Koma wrote:
Tip for people with more than 1 piece of hand luggage travelling from
Heathrow.
You will be stopped from going to the departures lounge (where there
are no seats and you MUST shop) for 'security reasons'. But if you put
all items in a large plastic bag then you are not a 'security threat'
and will be allowed to pass........5 metres later you can re-arrange
as you like and no one gives-a-****.

AFAIAA You are still only allowed to take1 piece of hand luggage through
security when departing from all UK airports.
There were seats in the departure lounges last time I flew from Heathrow.

Jan

and what difference does it make to security ??

I guess the point is that if they are examining bags more closely,
they want to limit the number in order to keep the lines moving.

Like Jan says, there's plenty of seating in the departure lounges - I
can't recall not being able to find a seat. And you're not COMPELLED
to shop!

Old May 7th, 2007, 03:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Chiken Koma

On May 7, 12:36 am, "Jan" wrote:

Chiken Koma wrote:
[...]

Your bags, shoes, jacket, laptop, laptop case all go through the x-ray
machine. There is no gain by putting 2 bags into one bag, it does not
help security.
Only 2 of the 6 x-ray machines were in operation, so no one was moving
despite the GBP 35 pounds airport tax everyone had paid.
Man the redundant x-ray machines with the staff whose only purpose in
life is to tell you 'only 1 piece of baggage', give the passengers
value for money and stop hassling them.

Yes there are seats but not very many, and its a busy place. Their
idea is to extract as much money from people by making the seating
limited, this pushes them towards the shops; And of course rip you off
by stopping any liquids being brought in from outside.

Old May 7th, 2007, 04:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Jan[_1_]

On May 7, 12:36 am, "Jan" wrote:

Chiken Koma wrote:
[...]

Of course you can have your hand luggage in several smaller bags, as long as
they all go into one bag of the maximum dimensions 56cm x 45 cm x 25 cm.
Also you forgot to point out that liquids must be in containers off
max,100ml and must be carried in a clear resealable plastic bag.

Only 2 of the 6 x-ray machines were in operation, so no one was moving
despite the GBP 35 pounds airport tax everyone had paid.
Man the redundant x-ray machines with the staff whose only purpose in
life is to tell you 'only 1 piece of baggage', give the passengers
value for money and stop hassling them.

Unfortunately at least 1 person has to be employed to do this because some
people try to disobey the rules/law.

Yes there are seats but not very many, and its a busy place. Their
idea is to extract as much money from people by making the seating
limited, this pushes them towards the shops; And of course rip you off
by stopping any liquids being brought in from outside.

No not all liquids are banned: see above
The liquid rule does not just apply to UK airports, I assume your
experience of travel is very limited.

Jan

Old May 7th, 2007, 04:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Chiken Koma

On May 7, 12:36 am, "Jan" wrote:

Chiken Koma wrote:
[...]

so it does not matter if you have 1 or 2 bags, which was my point.

Unfortunately at least 1 person has to be employed to do this because some
people try to disobey the rules/law.

employ more staff, and put the x-ray machines to use, instead of
making people queue for 30 minutes.

No not all liquids are banned: see above

100 ml of water does not go far, which is great for the shops.

I assume your experience of travel is very limited.

I assume you have a small cock

Old May 7th, 2007, 04:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Jan[_1_]

Chiken Koma wrote:

On May 7, 12:36 am, "Jan" wrote:

Chiken Koma wrote:
[...]

Quote " One bag of the maximum dimensions 56 cm x 45cm x 25 cm "

Unfortunately at least 1 person has to be employed to do this
because some people try to disobey the rules/law.

employ more staff, and put the x-ray machines to use, instead of
making people queue for 30 minutes.

You could say this about any airport in the world, not just Heathrow.

No not all liquids are banned: see above

100 ml of water does not go far, which is great for the shops.

Use a free water fountain

I assume your experience of travel is very limited.

I assume you have a small cock

You shouldn't assume I have a cock, although I do assume you don't use
airports very often
Jan

Old May 7th, 2007, 04:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Chiken Koma

On 7 May, 17:47, "Jan" wrote:
Chiken Koma wrote:

On May 7, 12:36 am, "Jan" wrote:

Chiken Koma wrote:
[...]

et viola, thats the problem with assumptions.......stick to the facts
in front of you

Old May 7th, 2007, 04:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Jan[_1_]

,Snipped

et viola, thats the problem with assumptions.......stick to the facts
in front of you

What's Viola got to do with this? :-)

Jan