A Travel and vacations forum. TravelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » TravelBanter forum » Travelling Style » Backpacking and Budget travel
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Great hostel in Singapore to recommend

Old January 8th, 2005, 02:13 PM

First recorded activity by TravelBanter: Jan 2005
Thumbs up Great hostel in Singapore to recommend

This is certainly not an advertisement!

I stayed in a hostel called Bunkz N Bedz a few days back and it is an excellent experience! The place is very homely as if I am back home (gosh! Home-sicked again!) less the nagging parents (lol). The hostel has a great location, next to (not just close to) the MRT (train) station about 7 mins to the city and 20 mins to the Airport by train. The transportation cost is so cheap here.

The hostel is just slightly off the city (for travellers who hate to stay in touristy hostel, Bunkz is your choice), you can assured a good night sleep always! In addition, there are so much local food to eat around the hostel. The innkeeper brought me to the Geylang Food and Fruit trip - the frog legs with congee are wonderful! Don't forget to try some durians and mangosteens. The hot piping buns and otahs (fish caked wrapped in banana leaves) are within reached. Singaporeans are lucky people!

How can I forget mentioning the innkeepers! The innkeepers are warmed and kind-hearted people . They gave very good and practical advices and folks out there if you have very short time in Singapore, come to Bunkz N Bedz! These guys can help! Those coming to Singapore in small groups will definitely have a great stay at Bunkz too so long these hearty innkeepers are around!

I will definitely come back with more friends, Bunkz! Cheers...