From Cinque Terre to Zurich

Old February 11th, 2010, 11:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Bill B[_2_]

Default From Cinque Terre to Zurich

We're spending two weeks in Switzerland and Italy in the late spring. The
last couple of days I have booked are in the Cinque Terre. Then we have two
days to get back to Zurich for a late afternoon flight. I was thinking of
stopping in Turin for one night but I still need a place for the second
night. Any recommendations out there? I don't want to go back through Milan
and the lakes, because that's the way we'll be coming down from Switzerland.
Should we stay in Luassane? Lucern? Someplace else?

Thanks

Old February 12th, 2010, 03:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Sheila Page[_2_]

In message , Bill B
writes
Thanks for you reply.

Well, that was pretty foolish of me to not mention that we'll be traveling
by car.

We're getting from Zurich to Milan via Lauterbrunnen for two nights and then
Stresa for two nights. I generally don't like to go back thruogh places I've
already seen (not when there's so much I haven't seen) so that's why I'm
considering driving via Turin and then maybe Lausanne, Bern or Montreux for
the second night. I need to find a place that is worth visiting that allows
me to drive to Zurich so I can get rid of the rental car and make a 5:30PM
flight home.

"Giovanni Drogo" wrote in message
news:alpine.LSU.2.00.1002120942250.17852@cbfrvqba .ynzoengr.vans.vg...

Of those three, Lausanne or Montreux would probably be most interesting:
good walks along the lake and near Chillon castle (and lots of hotels).

Sheila
--
---
Sheila Page
Old February 12th, 2010, 05:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Bartc

"Bill B" wrote in message
Thanks for you reply.

Well, that was pretty foolish of me to not mention that we'll be traveling
by car.

We're getting from Zurich to Milan via Lauterbrunnen for two nights and
then Stresa for two nights. I generally don't like to go back thruogh
places I've already seen (not when there's so much I haven't seen) so
that's why I'm considering driving via Turin and then maybe Lausanne, Bern
or Montreux for the second night. I need to find a place that is worth
visiting that allows me to drive to Zurich so I can get rid of the rental
car and make a 5:30PM flight home.

If you start early you might be able to get from Turin to Zurich on the same
day, depending on check-in times (although it would be easier if you
backtracked rather than try a different route).

That would give you a spare night and a fast, exciting, stressful drive on
the last day, if you like that sort of thing..

Otherwise staying at Lausanne or Montreux (both by the lake) is pleasant
enough.

--
bartc