Hotels in Moscow ?

Old April 3rd, 2008, 08:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mister B

Default Hotels in Moscow ?

Sorry to ask a travel-related question, but ...

can anyone recommend a nice hotel (3 or 4 star comfort level) in
Moscow, convenient for touristy stuff, for a couple of nights stay?

Any other things I need to know ?

Komrade B;
Old April 3rd, 2008, 08:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Spider Pig

On 3 Apr, 21:00, Mister B wrote:
Sorry to ask a travel-related question, but ...

can anyone recommend a nice hotel (3 or 4 star comfort level) in
Moscow, convenient for touristy stuff, for a couple of nights stay?

Any other things I need to know ?

Komrade B;

dunno about hotels, i stayed on a boat

shiny new airport at Domodedovo, liked Red Square and the cemetry,
interesting underground stations (they have different names depending
on which line your on....), cameras were cheap

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1155638...7601460730655/
Old April 3rd, 2008, 09:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Steve Cain

can anyone recommend a nice hotel (3 or 4 star comfort level) in
Moscow, convenient for touristy stuff, for a couple of nights stay?

Any other things I need to know ?

Komrade B;

Komrade, bring money. Lots. Hotels as you describe, the Hotel Golden Ring
is probably a close approximation of an American 4 star. It is
approximately 1 1/4 mi from Red Square at the end of the Ulista Arbat, the
pedestrian mall. Easy Metro access from this position as well as McD's and
a couple of other familiar names. I would not trust hotel pricing for meals
unless a breakfast included in a rate. This hotel may go for as much as mid
300's/nt. If that is the case I would opt for the Kempinski which is a VERY
nice hotel likely mid 400's but about 800 meters from St Basils.
Likely you can still book performances online at the Bolshoi. No ballet fan
myself I did find a performance fascinating with regards to the way the
spectators show their appreciation....more like a tennis match.
We used the metro to get around Moscow. We concentrated on the first
several cyrillic letters of the last station in the direction of travel and
it served us well although a couple of times we went 3 or more stations the
wrong direction and then had to go back the other way 6 stations....you get
the drift.
No fun not getting lost....have your hotel's card on you for the taxi if you
need bailed out.
Good luck, s

Old April 4th, 2008, 06:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tile

"Mister B" ha scritto nel messaggio
Sorry to ask a travel-related question, but ...

can anyone recommend a nice hotel (3 or 4 star comfort level) in
Moscow, convenient for touristy stuff, for a couple of nights stay?

Any other things I need to know ?

Komrade B;

I stayed in Hotel Cosmos. Prices in Moscow Hotels hardly depend on star
ratings..
they just want yr dollars
you would not sleep in any good hotel for less than 250 / 350 dollars

Old April 4th, 2008, 06:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gerald Oliver Swift

"tile" wrote in message

"Mister B" ha scritto nel messaggio
Sorry to ask a travel-related question, but ...

can anyone recommend a nice hotel (3 or 4 star comfort level) in
Moscow, convenient for touristy stuff, for a couple of nights stay?

Any other things I need to know ?

Komrade B;

I stayed in Hotel Cosmos. Prices in Moscow Hotels hardly depend on star
ratings..
they just want yr dollars
you would not sleep in any good hotel for less than 250 / 350 dollars

Well not within 4 miles of Krasnaya Ploschad!

Gerry