Oxygen for a cruise?

Old July 25th, 2007, 10:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Default Oxygen for a cruise?

I have been doing a little research for a friend who needs oxygen for
his cruise. He will be bringing his concentrator, but needs oxygen tanks
delivered to the ship.

Someone on another group said they use www.cruiseshipassist.com and have
been happy with their service. They supposedly deliver the oxygen right
to your cabin and pick it up afterwards.

Does anyone here know this outfit or another one that is dependable?

Thanks,
sue
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

I have been doing a little research for a friend who needs oxygen for
his cruise. He will be bringing his concentrator, but needs oxygen tanks
delivered to the ship.

Someone on another group said they use www.cruiseshipassist.com and have
been happy with their service. They supposedly deliver the oxygen right
to your cabin and pick it up afterwards.

Does anyone here know this outfit or another one that is dependable?

Thanks,
sue

The Lung Association generally suggests one starts with the Cruise
lines. Some may have specific requirements, and some may not. (Usually
call the regular reservation and ask for special services or medical
department). Talk with the insurance company next because they may have
someone they use that they will pay for. No specific requirements yet,
ask if the place they get their oxygen from now either has an office at
the port or knows someone they feel like suggesting.
These are generally suggestions for US ports. I haven't had any
experience foreign travel.
Here are a couple general URLs.
http://www.access-able.com/tips/oxy.html
http://www.gimponthego.com/tips8.htm
http://www.lungusa.org/site/apps/s/c...b=34706&ct=673
36#sea
The lungusa is also: http://tinyurl.com/2l87aa

BTW: Airlines may be the REAL limiting factor and the major PITA if
they are flying.
Old July 26th, 2007, 02:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Kurt Ullman wrote:

[...]

I am pretty sure his regular supplier will not cover what he needs away
from home. I know that they have traveled within the states and he has
ordered oxygen delivered to his hotel and I am pretty sure he has to pay
for it himself.

He is ok flying without oxygen, as long as it is waiting at his hotel or
cabin when he arrives. He always travels with his concentrator, but in
hot, humid ports or with long walks needs portable oxygen.

Lots of good advice here, thanks!!

sue - printing this out!
Old July 26th, 2007, 02:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Harry Cooper

I use 10 litres per minute so Oxygen supply is vital. We have used
CareVacations CSA LTD, #5, 5110 - 50th Ave., Leduc, Alberta, Canada, T9E6V4;
Phone (780) 986-6404; Toll Free, 1-877-478-7827; Fax: 1-800-648-1116. They
have supplied me on 5 or 6 cruises with no slip-ups, most recently January,
next, August 10. I used, or tried to use, Cruiseshipassist on a cruise out
of San Fran several years ago. They say they got the O to the dock but
didn't realize there were three ships at the dock and the dock hands didn't
know where to put it. Strange story, but that's what was being said while I
scavenged for O for a day and a half at sea before the ship next docked.

Hope this helps.

Harry Cooper

Old July 26th, 2007, 03:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Harry Cooper wrote:
I use 10 litres per minute so Oxygen supply is vital. We have used
CareVacations CSA LTD, #5, 5110 - 50th Ave., Leduc, Alberta, Canada, T9E6V4;
Phone (780) 986-6404; Toll Free, 1-877-478-7827; Fax: 1-800-648-1116. They
have supplied me on 5 or 6 cruises with no slip-ups, most recently January,
next, August 10. I used, or tried to use, Cruiseshipassist on a cruise out
of San Fran several years ago. They say they got the O to the dock but
didn't realize there were three ships at the dock and the dock hands didn't
know where to put it. Strange story, but that's what was being said while I
scavenged for O for a day and a half at sea before the ship next docked.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Harry, I will print this out for my friend. I know he has had
problems with oxygen being delivered to the right place in the past and
it cuts down on what he can do.

sue