Sante Fe hotel

Old October 2nd, 2003, 06:47 PM
Bobbiegib

Default Sante Fe hotel

We are looking for a nice hotel in Sante Fe. Also, is there a best location?
Old October 2nd, 2003, 11:14 PM
Alan Bloom

Might be helpful if you provided little more information such as price
range? But here goes. Since it seems you've never been to Santa
Fe, you should probably stay within walking distance of the Plaza and
Canyon Road. Here are places I've stayed at and would recommend:

High End

Eldorado Hotel
Inn on the Alameda
Inn of the Anasazi

Mid-Range

Casa Pueblo Inn
Hotel St. Francis

B&B

El Paradero
Pueblo Bonito

Old October 3rd, 2003, 02:50 AM
Warren C. Liebold

"Bobbiegib" wrote in message
We are looking for a nice hotel in Sante Fe. Also, is there a best

location?

I agree that staying near the plaza is a nice idea.

I've stayed at Pueblo Bonito twice over the years and loved it. Not
luxurious, but very homey and romantic. The rooms are more like small
apartments rather than hotel rooms and each has a real kiva fireplace.

They serve a very nice continental breakfast in the morning.

Assuming things are still the way they were a few years ago.

Warren

Old October 6th, 2003, 09:46 PM
Bobbiegib

Alan,
You are absolutely right, I should have provided more information. I did look
up all your recommendations on the Web and foount the top 3 you suggested as
wonderful looking.
Because you were so familar with Santa Fe, might I ask you (or anyone) a few
more things?
We are going there about November 5th. Probably a little cold then, huh?
If we only have 2 days there what would you recommend to see? My wife has
already planned to see the stores and just soak in the atmosphere but I don't
want to miss anything.
Regards, Bob

Old October 8th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Alan Bloom

Bob,

As far as the weather, you can probably count on it getting cool
at night. It's more difficult to predict the days. Could be anywhere
from warm to snowing.
Figure that if you're only there for two days, you'll probably
miss a few things. A few suggestions would be the Georgia O'Keefe
Museum which is across from the back side of the Eldorado. You might
want to suggest combining shopping with the art galleries on Canyon
Road and then having lunch at the Compound. It's expensive (lunch is
cheaper than dinner) but a fantastic place. Also, walk some of the
streets that radiate off of Canyon Road to see some great residential
adobes.
If you're up for a little hiking, visiting Tent Rocks will give
you a brief slot canyon experience. It's a fairly short hike and the
drive is about 45 minutes Southwest of Santa Fe.
Santa Fe is a great place to just wander around and discover little
things on your own. Cruise the plaza and surrounding streets and you
can't go wrong.
Brunch at Cafe Pasqual is popular and crowded. I think dinner is
better but still requires reservations. The Plaza Restaurant has
dynamite down-home New Mexican food. The posole, green chile and
sopapillas are stellar. More upscale places that we like are Ristra,
the Coyote Cafe (almost a cliche, expensive but I think, still great),
Geronimo and SantaCafe.

Have fun.

Alan

Old October 8th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Alan Bloom

It's probably good that you haven't. Over-crowded with tour groups
and the rooms I've seen are pretty mediocre.

Old October 9th, 2003, 09:53 PM
ChrisR

A lot depends on your price range. The popular downtown hotels are (in no
particular order):

La Fonda
Inn on The Alameda
Inn at Lorretto
La Posada
Eldorado
Hotel Santa Fe
Inn of the Anazazi

There are also B&B's and smaller quaint one's in and around the downtown area as
well as the chain hotels within a 10 mins drive.

Old October 11th, 2003, 03:29 AM
Bobbiegib

[...]

Thank you so much. This is the kind of information I was hoping for.
Bob