Palma , Majorca, Hire Car, local information Porta Pollenca

Old March 7th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Alexander Korinak

Default Palma , Majorca, Hire Car, local information Porta Pollenca

Hi,

I am looking for the following information:

Hire Cars - Any good/bad companies, issues - Driving to porta pollensa
anybody had any issues or driving around the island.

From my understanding Palma airport is very big are all the hire car
company together or in one area. I have been looking for the palma
airport web site for maps, but no luck so far.

Any information of Porta pollensa - I.e nice place to eat/drink, any
must dos!.

I would like to see the local majorca life,( good tapas bars) i.e off
the beaton track. Any where on the island.

I travel out of the 26/4/3/05

Thanks
Old March 7th, 2005, 12:51 PM
The Reids

Following up to Alexander Korinak

Hire Cars - Any good/bad companies, issues - Driving to porta pollensa
anybody had any issues or driving around the island.

no real problems, mountain roads in north are of course slow and
winding

From my understanding Palma airport is very big are all the hire car
company together or in one area. I have been looking for the palma
airport web site for maps, but no luck so far.

some car hire cars are off site, but the main ones like
Hertz/Europcar are on site, I would book through their websites
in advance although you wont be sure of the exact model you will
get. I usually use Europcar but at Palma they still operate as
Betacar, the company that they started as there and then became
Europcar. We have always found Europcar good, except this
occasion, where the A class Merc was poor for the price we booked
at. We just got a feeling maybe they resented Europcar bookings?
Might have been coincidence?

Any information of Porta pollensa - I.e nice place to eat/drink, any
must dos!.

Eat at "Iru" Read he-
"http://www.fell-walker.co.uk/catalan.htm#palma"
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Thames path-London-Photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old March 7th, 2005, 04:36 PM
congokid

In message , Alexander
Korinak writes

Hire Cars - Any good/bad companies, issues - Driving to porta pollensa
anybody had any issues or driving around the island.
From my understanding Palma airport is very big are all the hire car
company together or in one area. I have been looking for the palma
airport web site for maps, but no luck so far.

I use carjet.co.uk, who have arrangements with local car firms in Palma
airport. They're good value and you can pick up and drop off your
vehicle at the airport carpark.

I used Easyrentacar a couple of times, but it's not always the cheapest
option and you need to wait for a minibus to take you to their depot,
which is a right pain.

Any information of Porta pollensa - I.e nice place to eat/drink, any
must dos!.

Stay, Iru, Can Curassa, La Terraza in Port Alcudia.

I would like to see the local majorca life,( good tapas bars)

Bodega des Port in Port Alcudia.

Have a look at
http://www.puertopollensa.com/
and the associated forum
http://p221.ezboard.com/bpollensaforum

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google