MaxJet

Old March 18th, 2006, 07:58 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default MaxJet

Hello all
Anyone have any experience with these new all-business-class low-cost
airlines, such as MaxJet? Any other clever suggestions - two 6 foot+ small
business owners need to visit the eastern US, in April, would like the
flexibility of being able to economically book one-ways or change flights
(as offered by MaxJet), do not want to have our knees up our nostrils for 5+
hours, but cannot justify £ 2000+ for a 'regular' business class ticket on
full-cost carriers. Suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks - Arnold.

Old March 18th, 2006, 09:13 AM posted to rec.travel.air

news.btinternet.com wrote:
Hello all
Anyone have any experience with these new all-business-class low-cost
airlines, such as MaxJet? Any other clever suggestions - two 6 foot+ small
business owners need to visit the eastern US, in April, would like the
flexibility of being able to economically book one-ways or change flights
(as offered by MaxJet), do not want to have our knees up our nostrils for 5+
hours, but cannot justify £ 2000+ for a 'regular' business class ticket on
full-cost carriers. Suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks - Arnold.

It is a bit longer than 5 hours, which makes it a very good price
I looked at June 19-26 and the fare was as low as £856.70, which is
great for summer travel

JFK-STN
6:30 pm 7:00 am 12 1/2 -5(timezone diff) = 7 1/2 hours

10:00 am 1:30 pm 3 1/2 +5 (timezone diff) = 8 1/2 hours
Old March 19th, 2006, 01:51 AM posted to rec.travel.air

"news.btinternet.com" wrote:

Hello all
Anyone have any experience with these new all-business-class low-cost
airlines, such as MaxJet? Any other clever suggestions - two 6 foot+
small business owners need to visit the eastern US, in April, would
like the flexibility of being able to economically book one-ways or
change flights (as offered by MaxJet), do not want to have our knees
up our nostrils for 5+ hours, but cannot justify £ 2000+ for a
'regular' business class ticket on full-cost carriers. Suggestions
would be very welcome. Thanks - Arnold.

An alternative is to fly on one of the airlines with premium economy. You
get a wider seat than regular economy, with about 6 or 8 inches additional
seat pitch. Virgin and British Airways offer such seats. Prices are
substantially less than full business class.

Old March 19th, 2006, 11:39 AM posted to rec.travel.air

"news.btinternet.com" wrote:

Thanks for these comments. Have only had one go @ Premium Economy on
BA, and found the BIG disadvantage that there is no separate check-in,
meaning you have a potentially long time at airports. Otherwise it was
fine. Have you or anyone on this forum any experience with the Virgin
equivalent (and unaware of other carriers' offerings on these routes),
particularly when it comes to separate check-in desks / queues? Anyone
experience with the Icelandic offering?

Virgin premium economy has separate check-in lines. Meal service is the
same as in economy class.

I've not flown on Icelandair, but their Saga class seat dimensions are
similar to premium economy on Virgin and British Airways. Since it is
business class, you will get upgraded meals and unlimited liquor.