Sapphire Beach Resort, St. Thomas

Old February 2nd, 2004, 05:12 PM
Manuel Freitas

Default Sapphire Beach Resort, St. Thomas

Anyone been there latelly. Planning to go there next month. Haven't
paied for it but I have the airplane ticket to St. Thomas already.
I've seen some very good reviews, and the beach looks fantastic. But
most recent posts on tripadvisor.com paint a very bad picture of
filthy bathrooms, bugs in the rooms and overall bad service.

From reading more between the lines it appears some of these comments
come from people who maybe were expecting a bit too much. After all
this is not a full service resort like the Wyndham is it? So, should I
be worried and book somewhere else? My other option is the Wyndham. I
don't want anything fancy, just a nice beach, a clean room, and
restaurants/shops within walking distance.

Thanks,

- Manuel.
Old February 3rd, 2004, 03:48 PM
bonniesss

Hi Manuel!

I live in PR and visit Sapphire every chance I get. I was last there
for a week in December 2003 and it was wonderful as usual. To me
Sapphire Beach Resort is for people who are not into the big resort
experience. If you want to step from your suite right onto the beach
and into the water, swing from a hammock, play beach volleyball and
have everything you need to sustain yourself in your own room, then
this is it. With a small store, restaurants, pool and tiki bars and a
short drive to bigger stores, restaurants, nightclubbing AND the ferry
over to St Johns...it feels like heaven to me.

Bonnie

(Manuel Freitas) wrote in message . com...
Anyone been there latelly. Planning to go there next month. Haven't
paied for it but I have the airplane ticket to St. Thomas already.
I've seen some very good reviews, and the beach looks fantastic. But
most recent posts on tripadvisor.com paint a very bad picture of
filthy bathrooms, bugs in the rooms and overall bad service.

From reading more between the lines it appears some of these comments

Old February 4th, 2004, 01:43 AM
GuyUSVI

Manuel,

Take Maggie's advice. Sapphire is much, much nicer than the Wyndham. The
beaches can't be compared. Sapphire is a really nice beachfront resort on a
beautiful beach. The Wyndham is a high rise resort on a very average beach.
At Sapphire you can literally roll out your front door and be only a few steps
from the water. During the day you can sit on your porch in the shade sipping
a cold drink.

If I were you, I would stick with Sapphire.

They also have a nice, large outdoor bar there as well as the Sunday beach
party which we always attend regardless of where we stay.

Schultz