anyone been to Oman ?

Old December 31st, 2011, 04:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
bill

Default anyone been to Oman ?

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 02:08:32 -0800, Surreyman wrote:

On Dec 31, 6:34Â*am, bill wrote:
On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 02:34:23 -0800, Surreyman wrote:
Oman was 'ours' to all intents and purposes except in name

It still is, Â*pretty much.

The armed forces are still half officered by British officers on
secondment.

We didn't 'pull out' of Oman. We successfully put down Saudi-inspired
infiltrations and remained, consolidating the nation's security.

Keep telling yourself that.

When the British troops pulled out the shooting stopped.

Not before.

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, Â*buy a dog...

Yeh, sure.
You were there too?

You admission of defeat is accepted.

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, buy a dog...
Old January 1st, 2012, 10:38 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

On Dec 31, 6:34*am, bill wrote:
On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 02:34:23 -0800, Surreyman wrote:
Oman was 'ours' to all intents and purposes except in name

It still is, *pretty much.

The armed forces are still half officered by British officers on
secondment.

We didn't 'pull out' of Oman. We successfully put down Saudi-inspired
infiltrations and remained, consolidating the nation's security.

Keep telling yourself that.

When the British troops pulled out the shooting stopped.

Not before.

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, *buy a dog...

Yeh, sure.
You were there too?

You admission of defeat is accepted.

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, *buy a dog...

LOL!
Old January 17th, 2012, 02:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Beer Tricks Potter

On Dec 25 2011, 8:09*pm, Beer Tricks Potter
wrote:
any advice etc....

ok...been there done that...
Old January 19th, 2012, 06:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge 132

michaelnewport trying hard but he can't type more than 5 words at a time.
He's vey good at viruses, though.

"Beer Tricks Potter" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

On Dec 25 2011, 8:09 pm, Beer Tricks Potter
wrote:
any advice etc....

ok...been there done that...

Old January 19th, 2012, 04:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Beer Tricks Potter

On Jan 17, 3:03*pm, Beer Tricks Potter
wrote:
On Dec 25 2011, 8:09*pm, Beer Tricks Potter
wrote:

any advice etc....

ok...been there done that...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74562857@N03/
Old January 19th, 2012, 06:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article 64c66177-de77-4182-84de-
, Beer Tricks Potter says...

ok...been there done that...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74562857@N03/

Been there too:
http://www.molon.de/travelogues/Oman/2010-11/
http://www.molon.de/galleries/Oman/
--

Alfred Molon
Old January 20th, 2012, 06:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Beer Tricks Potter

Been there too:http://www.molon.de/travelogues/Oman...alleries/Oman/
--

Alfred Molonhttp://www.molon.de- Photos of Asia, Africa and Europe

thanks for that....very interesting read, and a similar experience...
we drove up to Musandam as well (and yes we had had to buy a visa at
each change of country...ouch)
I was hoping to take the catamaran back from Khasab to Muscat but it
only runs 2 days per week
highlight for me was the Dhow trip to see Dolphins / Snorkel /
Telegraph Island.....although I really enjoyed the authentic feel of
the place (not like Dubai) and the lack of tourists
we were surprised to see Omani man drinking alcohol in the hotel
bars !
I guess the taxis are expensive because they are driven by locals and
not Indians as in Dubai
also saw plenty of local women working / driving cars as in a normal
country....