Transportation Rome-Fiumicino

Old January 29th, 2012, 04:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_2_]

Default Transportation Rome-Fiumicino

Can someone recommend a reliable but relatively inexpensive limousine
service to take my wife and I from Fiumicino airport to downtown Rome,
and then back again? Thanks.

--
Ken Blake
Old January 29th, 2012, 08:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

In article ,
Ken Blake wrote:

Can someone recommend a reliable but relatively inexpensive limousine
service to take my wife and I from Fiumicino airport to downtown Rome,
and then back again? Thanks.

Shared rides are reasonable, around $20 each way per person.

There's something like romeshuttle.com for private cars.
Old January 29th, 2012, 09:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_2_]

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 11:38:58 -0800, poldy wrote:

In article ,
Ken Blake wrote:

Can someone recommend a reliable but relatively inexpensive limousine
service to take my wife and I from Fiumicino airport to downtown Rome,
and then back again? Thanks.

Shared rides are reasonable, around $20 each way per person.

Thanks. Can you point me to a web site for a shared ride?

Ken

Old January 30th, 2012, 12:50 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Go Fig

*Ken Blake wrote:

Can someone recommend a reliable but relatively inexpensive limousine
service to take my wife and I from Fiumicino airport to downtown Rome,
and then back again? Thanks.

Shared rides are reasonable, around $20 each way per person.

Thanks. Can you point me to a web site for a shared ride?

Ken

There's something like romeshuttle.com for private cars.

--
Ken Blake

You might get the best deal if the hotel makes the arrangement... for
us the ride in was free and the return like $45 IIRC.

jay

Old January 30th, 2012, 02:06 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_2_]

*Ken Blake wrote:

Can someone recommend a reliable but relatively inexpensive limousine
service to take my wife and I from Fiumicino airport to downtown Rome,
and then back again? Thanks.

Shared rides are reasonable, around $20 each way per person.

Thanks. Can you point me to a web site for a shared ride?

Ken

There's something like romeshuttle.com for private cars.

--
Ken Blake

You might get the best deal if the hotel makes the arrangement... for
us the ride in was free and the return like $45 IIRC.

Thanks. We're staying in an apartment, not a hotel, and I got a price
from the rental agency--€100 round trip plus an extra €20 for our
leaving early in the morning. That's a total of about $160, which
seems very high to me, and I was hoping to find a better price.

--
Ken Blake
Old January 31st, 2012, 06:26 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

Ken Blake wrote:

Can someone recommend a reliable but relatively inexpensive limousine
service to take my wife and I from Fiumicino airport to downtown Rome,
and then back again? Thanks.

Shared rides are reasonable, around $20 each way per person.

Thanks. Can you point me to a web site for a shared ride?

Looks like price went up, it's now about $26-27 each way.

Viator contracts with a local operator and often, the price you get on
the site is lower than the price you'd pay booking directly with the
operator, whom they don't identify until you book.

Down side of the shared shuttle is that for departures especially, they
can pick you up 2-3 hours or more before your flight, as they need to
pick up other riders in different parts of the city.

I forget which operator it was but it may have been this one:

http://www.rome-airport-shuttle.it/

20 Euro per person each way. But it sounds like they may have better
pricing for 2 or more people as a package.

There are a lot of reviews on Fodors and other travel forums about Rome
airport shuttle limousine services with direct, not shared service for
up to 4 people with luggage for around 40-50 Euro. I couldn't find the
URL exactly, might search for rome shuttle limo or something like that.
There are several URLs but they don't list price, you have to ask for a
quote.

Ken

There's something like romeshuttle.com for private cars.

Old January 31st, 2012, 03:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_2_]

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 21:26:56 -0800, poldy wrote:

Ken Blake wrote:

[...]

Thanks. That's not all that different from the price quoted by the
apartment rental people for a private ride (+BAI-50 for the two of us each
way) so I'll probably stick with it.

--
Ken Blake
Old February 15th, 2012, 09:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Poetic Justice

Ken Blake wrote;

Thanks. That's not all that different from
the price quoted by the apartment rental
people for a private ride (+BAI-50 for the
two of us each way) so I'll probably stick
with it.

This is the company that has been the cheapest the last few years €40
www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/

But all the others are in your €50 ± price range.

They likely use the same limo company(s) and probably receive a small
commission over the actual cost.

But seeing that it is an apartment vs hotel where you must actually
meet the agent for the keys and other matters.
Going with their limo service is probably a very good idea, if there is
a problem (flight delay, traffic, etc) the driver will be able to
contact the agent thru his company and not leave you stranded outside
the apartment bldg as others might do.
Plus the driver very likely knows the *exact* location of the bldg.
Regards, Walter

...And Paradise Was Lost...like teardrops in the rain...

Old February 15th, 2012, 09:55 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_2_]

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:08:24 -0500, (Poetic
Justice) wrote:

Ken Blake wrote;

Thanks. That's not all that different from
the price quoted by the apartment rental
people for a private ride (+BAI-50 for the
two of us each way) so I'll probably stick
with it.

This is the company that has been the cheapest the last few years €40
www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/

But all the others are in your €50 ± price range.

They likely use the same limo company(s) and probably receive a small
commission over the actual cost.

But seeing that it is an apartment vs hotel where you must actually
meet the agent for the keys and other matters.
Going with their limo service is probably a very good idea, if there is
a problem (flight delay, traffic, etc) the driver will be able to
contact the agent thru his company and not leave you stranded outside
the apartment bldg as others might do.

Thanks. That's what I'm planning on doing.

Plus the driver very likely knows the *exact* location of the bldg.

Yes, but actually, so do I.

--
Ken Blake