All Inclusive or Not?

Old July 26th, 2004, 03:57 AM
Injun Joe

Default All Inclusive or Not?

Hi All,
I am looking to take my wife somewhere in the Caribbean/Yucatan as a 2nd
honeymoon. We went to Cancun on our first and stayed at a great AI. We are
not really the partying, drinking party animals that we once were so I am
not sure that an all-inclusive would be the best bet for us financially.
What are your thoughts on this? Are there any "semi-inclusive" resorts in
the Caribbean/Yucatan? Ones that may include food but not drink? Is there
a high/low season for Cancun or other areas of the Caribbean? Ideally we
would like to go in mid/late May of 2005. Finally, the place would need to
accept kids (age 14 & 18). Yeah, I know, some 2nd honeymoon w/kids. LOL
Any and ALL input is greatly appreciated.

Injun Joe
remove the xxx from email addy to respond directly

Old July 27th, 2004, 12:00 AM
wayne

All inclusives are best I really don't drink but feel the food and
activities included make it worthwhile. Many places have programs for
children. Best place to look is

http://www.debbiescaribbeanresortrev...mexrevind.html

Mid late may is end of season so prices should be lower.

The kids should be old enough to do stuff on their own

Wayne

Old August 13th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Rita Daggett

: Are there any "semi-inclusive" resorts in
: the Caribbean/Yucatan? Ones that may include food but not drink?
:
:

One of the main attractions of an AI is the fact that [alcoholic]
drinks are included.

If one wants food but not drink, I would suggest cruising instead.

Club Med only has wine with meals as included, I believe - not other
alcohol.
(by the way, I dont think the included alcohol is necessarily a main
attraction of AI; as previous poster said, non-alcoholic drinks can mount up
too (kids and Coke; and if you buy bottled water....); some people like all
the activities being included too (paying for wind-surfing, water-skiing etc
is also expensive), and there's the advantage of knowing in advance that its
all paid for and you dont have to worry about whether you can afford to do
whatever - have another rum punch, another go on the windsurfer or
whatever.)

--
Rita Daggett