Reno to S.F.????

Old March 20th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Ken

Default Reno to S.F.????

Stephen Dailey wrote in
om:
Or much, much longer if it's snowing hard enough.

Not likely until next winter.
Old March 21st, 2004, 06:52 AM
Binyamin Dissen

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 01:36:28 +0100 Andreas Werner
wrote:

:Roo wrote:

: how long is the driving time from Reno to San Francisco.???

:try maps.yahoo.com: One minute (less than writing a posting to this group)
:and you find:

:Distance: 217.1 miles
:Approximate Travel Time: 3 hours 19 mins

:Meets my experiences: 3 to 4 hours depending on time-of-day, in Rush Hours
:may become up to 5 hours.

What times of day avoid traffic on 80 near Sacramento?

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com
Old March 22nd, 2004, 06:30 AM
Peter L

wrote:

:Roo wrote:

: how long is the driving time from Reno to San Francisco.???

:try maps.yahoo.com: One minute (less than writing a posting to this

group)
:and you find:

:Distance: 217.1 miles
:Approximate Travel Time: 3 hours 19 mins

:Meets my experiences: 3 to 4 hours depending on time-of-day, in Rush

Hours
:may become up to 5 hours.

What times of day avoid traffic on 80 near Sacramento?

Weekdays between 7:00 and 9:00 am. Probably some traffic going west from
Sacto to Davis between 4:00 and 6:00 pm.

Traffic in this area is not that heavy, compared to SF and LA traffic.

Old March 31st, 2004, 01:04 PM
Icono Clast

"Roo" wrote
how long is the driving time from Reno to San Francisco.???

Thursday the Twenty-fifth of March, 2004

Paid a brief visit to Auburn during which I bought a pair of chains
for the new car. The temperature was 50°F.

Less than an hour later, near Baxter, paid a guy $20 to put them on.
The temperature was 37°F.

About 25 minutes later, pulled into Nyack for a cup of coffee. The
temperature was 32°F.

Longer than two hours and about 28 miles later, arrived in Truckee and
took off the chains.

Why about 13mph? Well, with the chains, one drives around 30mph but
that doesn't add up. We were stopped in a heavy snowfall long enough
to collect about two inches of snow on the car. Unconfirmed rumor was
that a couple of cars had spun out up the road.

Arrived in Reno at exactly 20:00, 136 miles and five and a half hours
from Sacramento. That's an average speed of 25mph!

YMMV!
A San Franciscan who never says "No!" to an invitation to dance!
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net