Taking to the air

Old April 8th, 2008, 02:34 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default Taking to the air

Hey,

I'm taking to the air soon and I am kinda freaked on what I am hearing
on the news about the safety of planes these days. I know someone who
works at an airport and said that it will be just fine, but I need
some more advice :-) lol Should I take amtrak or do you think things
are even safer now due to all the media hype?

A nervous girl with the jumps,

Donna K. Richards

Editor at MN and loyal Doctor G Fan
(Actually fanclub president) teehee
http://www.glennscottdavis.com
http://members.aol.com/rstudio190
Old April 8th, 2008, 02:47 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Blake S

wrote in message
Hey,

I'm taking to the air soon and I am kinda freaked on what I am hearing
on the news about the safety of planes these days. I know someone who
works at an airport and said that it will be just fine, but I need
some more advice :-) lol Should I take amtrak or do you think things
are even safer now due to all the media hype?

A nervous girl with the jumps,

Donna K. Richards

Editor at MN and loyal Doctor G Fan
(Actually fanclub president) teehee
http://www.glennscottdavis.com
http://members.aol.com/rstudio190

Probably Amtrak is more dangerous, at least statistically.

You did't say what airline you were taking (I'm guessing it's Northwest).
The last crash involving a NW large passenger ailiner was 18 years ago.
Considering that NW flies at least 300,000 to 400,000 flight each year,
those are pretty good odds.

I remember watching a Discovery Channel show about air safety. The narrator
noted that, on average, you could board any passenger jet in the world, each
day for 24,000 years, before you would be killed in an accident.

Old April 8th, 2008, 01:26 PM posted to rec.travel.air
JohnT[_3_]

wrote in message
Hey,

I'm taking to the air soon and I am kinda freaked on what I am hearing
on the news about the safety of planes these days. I know someone who
works at an airport and said that it will be just fine, but I need
some more advice :-) lol Should I take amtrak or do you think things
are even safer now due to all the media hype?

A nervous girl with the jumps,

When I visit the USA I enjoy travelling on Amtrak. But you get a long way in
a very long time with Amtrak. And I am sure that, statistically, air travel
is a lot safer than travelling by train in the USA.
--

JohnT