Honeymoon in New England

Old September 17th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Everyboysmomma

"Fleemo" wrote in message
om...
My fiancé and I are being wed the second week of October, which I hear
is the perfect time to visit New England. Can anyone suggest
excellent yet reasonably priced Bed & Breakfasts in New England? Our
airline tickets (a wedding gift) will take us to Providence, Hartford
or Manchester. I thought perhaps Manchester to visit the White
Mountains, but I'd love to hear other suggestions.

Regarding the style of Bed & Breakfast, we're definitely on a budget,
and we also prefer the kind of "rustic" style places to the big, fancy
schmancy places. But we're open. If you've fallen in love with (or
at!) a Bed & Breakfast in New England, please share your advice!

Thanks.

Is Historic the same as rustic? Every winter my husband and I stay at the
Wentworth Inn in Jackson NH. I can't say it is cheap, but it includes a
full breakfast and 3 course gourmet dinner every night.
They have rooms that have fireplaces and Jacuzzis and even one with a
private outdoor hot tub that is in the turret of the Inn.
Check them out at
http://www.thewentworth.com/
I didn't check for availability, but you may luck out.
Good luck
and Congratulations!
Momma

Old September 17th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Fleemo

Ginny, thanks. I'm not sure we'll make it to Rhode Island, but if we
do, your advice sounds wonderful!

Momma, the Wentworth Inn looks really nice! And luckily, they have
availability when we'll be in the area. Thanks so much for the
suggestion.

-Fleemo
Old September 17th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Everyboysmomma

"Fleemo" wrote in message
om...
Ginny, thanks. I'm not sure we'll make it to Rhode Island, but if we
do, your advice sounds wonderful!

Momma, the Wentworth Inn looks really nice! And luckily, they have
availability when we'll be in the area. Thanks so much for the
suggestion.

-Fleemo

Other things to do in the area:
Mt Washington Auto Road or Cog Railway (one you drive your own car, the
other you take a cog train)
Conway Scenic Railroad (great way to sit back and enjoy the foliage)
Drive the Kankamangus Highway (rolling road through the National Forest that
runs along a very picturesque river)
Outlet Shopping out the Wazoo in North Conway

Breakfast and Dinner come with your room at the Wentworth... you won't want
much for lunch because Breakfasts are huge!! But I highly recommend the
Thomson House Eatery (a stone's throw from the Wentworth) and the Red Fox
Pub (approximately 2 miles away)

If you are into Spa Services this one is a personal favorite
www.ahh-moondancemassage.com

By the way, I don't live there or have anything to do with these places,
this is just one of my husband's and my favorite places and we go every
winter. (We live in Maine) Nestlenook Farms (1 mile from Wentworth) offers
Victorian Ice Skating and Austrian Sleigh Rides in the Winter. We always
come home feeling totally pampered and relaxed.
Momma

Old September 17th, 2004, 09:20 PM
kassa

I used to stay at the Nestlenook Inn in Jackson (next door to North
Conway) NH when it was under previous management. It's gone much more
upscale since then, so I can't tell you what it's like now. (15 years
ago it was literally a farmhouse B+B, and a fun one. Barely recognize
it now!)

Here's their website:

http://www.lmgnh.com/NestlenookFarm/

kassa
Old September 18th, 2004, 02:08 AM
ThomJeff

Everyboysmomma wrote:

"Fleemo" wrote in message
om...

Ginny, thanks. I'm not sure we'll make it to Rhode Island, but if we
do, your advice sounds wonderful!

Momma, the Wentworth Inn looks really nice! And luckily, they have
availability when we'll be in the area. Thanks so much for the
suggestion.

-Fleemo

Breakfast and Dinner come with your room at the Wentworth... you won't want
much for lunch because Breakfasts are huge!! But I highly recommend the
Thomson House Eatery (a stone's throw from the Wentworth) and the Red Fox
Pub (approximately 2 miles away)

Which reminds me of a place right down the road
that I used to love many years ago, the Red
Parka Pub in Glen. Great steaks and very casual
IIRC. They're still in business (I haven't been
there in ages) and were known for their steaks
(and their barbecue sauce). If that's the kind
of thing you're looking for.

Thom

Old September 18th, 2004, 03:42 AM
Fleemo

Thanks Momma, more fun things to do!

And Kassa, the Nestlenook looks charming. Jackson sounds like a fun
place to be this time of year!

-F

Old September 18th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Fleemo

Thanks Thom.

Ok, so let me take a different slant here. If YOU were going to visit
New England, having never been there before, would you settle into one
B&B for five days, or would you make it a driving trip and drive
through a couple of different states. I'm pretty sure I want to see
New Hampshire's White Mountains, but from there, I dunno. Is there
enough to see and do in New Hampshire for five days, or should I
venture off into Vermont or Maine or something?