Melbourne Hotel recommendations?

Old November 26th, 2003, 12:03 PM
WL

Default Melbourne Hotel recommendations?

Hi,

Nearly finished planning my trip to Aus (leave on Saturday!) - just need to
find a good hotel for our last night, in Melbourne. Anyone have any
recommendations?

Many thanks

Will

Old November 26th, 2003, 03:02 PM
X & N Jehanne

We liked the Oakford Gordon Place (serviced apartments), which can be booked
through discount websites. The location was good, and we got an upgrade to a
2 bedroom apartment, which was great.

Old November 26th, 2003, 04:21 PM
maxi

can i ask what discount website You use to make Your bookings in australia?

Max

"WL" schreef in bericht

Old November 26th, 2003, 06:49 PM
WL

"X & N Jehanne" wrote in message
We liked the Oakford Gordon Place (serviced apartments), which can be

booked
through discount websites. The location was good, and we got an upgrade to

2 bedroom apartment, which was great.

Not considered an apartment. I think we'd like a hotel - we will have
stayed in loads of cottages/apartments beforehand, so a hotel with some
luxuries would be quite nice!

Will

Old November 26th, 2003, 11:49 PM
X & N Jehanne

When we went to Australia last March , we booked in advance and used this
site :
http://www.allcheaphotels.net/
Looks like they only have the Oakford Gordon Towers now, it's in a newer
building connected to the Gordon Place :
http://www.hotelclub.net/content/aff...p?HotelID=2899

We went again to Australia this month, and this time we used Wotif, a last
minute booking site, as the hotels we wanted were fully booked on the other
website :
http://wotif.com

No problem with any of these websites.

Old November 27th, 2003, 08:26 AM
Geir Lilleheil

"WL" wrote in message ...

Nearly finished planning my trip to Aus (leave on Saturday!) - just need to
find a good hotel for our last night, in Melbourne. Anyone have any
recommendations?

We were 3 days in Melbourne 2 months ago, and stayed at Hotel Ibis on
15-21 Therry Street. Nice hotel, two steps away from Queen Victoria
Market. Short walking distance to everything we wanted to see. I think
we paid AU$ 119 per night.
Old November 27th, 2003, 09:50 AM
Julie

www.lastminute.com.au is a good site also.

I think you can only book a couple of weeks in advance

Julie
Melbourne, Australia

Old December 22nd, 2003, 03:29 AM
Mr Black \(please remove SPAMBLOCK from address if

The Park Hyatt (if you want modern luxury), or the Windsor (if you want old
world luxary)

MrB.

"WL" wrote in message
Hi,

Nearly finished planning my trip to Aus (leave on Saturday!) - just need

find a good hotel for our last night, in Melbourne. Anyone have any
recommendations?

Many thanks

Will

---

Old December 22nd, 2003, 03:32 AM
Mr Black \(please remove SPAMBLOCK from address if

Ibis Melbourne is a option if you are on a budget. Its in the northern part
of the city (a tad out of the action) with rooms from $99 per night.

MrB.

Old December 22nd, 2003, 08:18 AM
yamada

Why not trying: